Mount Talbert Nature Park Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Clackamas, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This short loop to the top of this extinct lava dome in Clackamas County is perfect for the whole family. The trail winds through beautiful forest and is filled with interpretive signs about the environment you are walking through and the flora and fauna you may see along the way.

lots of uphill from the Mather side a lot of up and down hill on the Sunnyside side. lots of tree roots in rock from the trail, but otherwise very well maintained. busy with the after-work crowd even in the winter

Another of Metro’s well-run parks. Underutilized; generally you will only see a handful or less of people.
Trails are very well marked. Somewhat hilly but nowhere strenuous.
There have been small improvements since I last visited a few months ago, including a short prairie trail and new signage.
A great nature oasis if you find yourself in the area.
Not sure why it’s marked only good for certain parts of the year—it’s fine year round. I’ve visited more in November and December than any other month.

Good nature hiking in the city. Close to our house. We see deer there a lot. Ups and downs Rocky and Rooty. Bathrooms and good parking .

Compared to other easy hikes listed I Would consider easy to medium as there are a lot of rocks and quite a bit of up and down hill.
Only saw four people the entire time.

This was a nice “in town“ trail. For those living in suburbia, it is a chance to get into the forest in nature. In that respect, it is very nice and serves it’s purpose. If you are a regular hiker, this may not be enough of a challenge or appealing to you. If you are a “Destiination” hiker, that likes waterfalls or a fantastic view as part of your hike, this is not it. There are bathrooms at the trail head, which is great. They do mark the various trails on the mountain very well. Great place to take your kids to get them started in hiking and especially elevation hiking.

Great local hike, No dogs allowed in this park

great for being an in city local hike!

I'm visiting from Utah and wanted something pretty close to where I'm staying, and this hike fit the bill! There are a decent amount of hilly parts, but they aren't terrible. The scenery is stunningly beautiful though. I rated this hike a 4 because it was decently hilly (at least for this Utah native where everything is pretty FLAT!)... so I'd probably say it's on the harder end of easy, if that makes sense! And I have no idea where the main photo for this hike was taken, because it makes it look like the trail is paved and flat and it's neither of those two things. I also ended up cutting down through one of the other paths near the end to make it a bit shorter and it worked well for me. I would absolutely hike this again!

It was an enjoyable family hike. Kids ranged from 7-13 in good health. It is on the harder side of easy mainly due to the elevation changes, but very doable. Plenty of families with small children. There are a number of shorter paths as well. The trail started off nice, some rocks and roots to help with the trail feel. It soon transitioned to a more generic manicured walking path, but at least it wasn't paved.

Decently quiet for being inside the city, not tons of people and the parking was nice and easy. The forest was a fairly generic Oregon experience with nothing really unique, but still nice in it's simplicity.

Nice, short hike. Easy but not too easy.

I give this a 4 because of the traffic noise, otherwise it was lovely. I would not say this is an easy trail....rocky on a lot of the path. Also I consider easy relatively flat. This path was NOT that

05/21/18 - quick access stress relief.

I love walking here! It is very shaded and serine. I am moderately handicapped and do use a walker / cane for daily mobility and hiking poles in nature and found the Park Loop trail is a safer hike for my mobility issues:)

This was an easy trail for my 6 yr old girl, my baby (11 months) took a nap the entire time on the baby carrier. we saw a lot of people working out, families, but no dogs allowed. very close to the towncenter mall, so we were able to quickly grab lunch afterwards
The summit doesn't have a clear view, but we definitely enjoyed it and we'll be back with the kids.

Nice quiet nature park in suburban southeast Portland area. Sad that dogs aren’t allowed here, but was consoled by the fact that 3 deer crossed my path. There’s a nice small peak to summit!

First! Thank you to the two fellas that were making sure myself and two kiddos were okay as we hiked, it was my first time here.
This was a beautiful day for a hike. I will be coming again this summer.

This is a nice area the Metro park system. It is in an urban setting and a great place to take a quick stroll and get the blood pumping while staying close to town. Went the day after we had some measurable snow. 02/19/18

Fun, easy trail. Lots of trees and so close to town !

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Great midday escape hike. Decent incline for a short hike. Beautiful trees,quiet not that many people

Monday, October 02, 2017

two different loops to choose from. very quiet! no dogs.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

My 7 year old and I enjoyed this trail. Learning about the oak galls and looking for oak trees was lots of fun. Beginning part is a somewhat rocky trail.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I run/hike here all the time!

Monday, August 14, 2017

Great hike

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Great hike! I agree with the last review that said it was a little tough for a beginner. I am not a beginner but haven't hiked in some time. But we made it and it was awesome!

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Great hike! Especially the summit trail. A bit steep for a first timer like me, but a great hike none the less!

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Crowded. Go early in morning or later in day.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

I really liked this trail however there is one major downside. There's so many rocks and branches encompassed into these trails here that one blink at the wrong time can send you into ankle breaking mode during your run.
If you don't have strong ankles... Or are clumsy, I would definitely be extra cautious.
The park loop trail is a 5k and went by super fast. Thumbs up. But can't do a whole lot of looking up or around when running.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

This is a pretty trail right down the road from me! I enjoyed running It!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Nice hike close in to the city

Friday, July 14, 2017