Mount Talbert Nature Park Loop Trail

Mount Talbert Nature Park Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Clackamas, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This short loop to the top of this extinct lava dome in Clackamas County is perfect for the whole family. The trail winds through beautiful forest and is filled with interpretive signs about the environment you are walking through and the flora and fauna you may see along the way.

I love walking here! It is very shaded and serine. I am moderately handicapped and do use a walker / cane for daily mobility and hiking poles in nature and found the Park Loop trail is a safer hike for my mobility issues:)

This was an easy trail for my 6 yr old girl, my baby (11 months) took a nap the entire time on the baby carrier. we saw a lot of people working out, families, but no dogs allowed. very close to the towncenter mall, so we were able to quickly grab lunch afterwards
The summit doesn't have a clear view, but we definitely enjoyed it and we'll be back with the kids.

Nice quiet nature park in suburban southeast Portland area. Sad that dogs aren’t allowed here, but was consoled by the fact that 3 deer crossed my path. There’s a nice small peak to summit!

First! Thank you to the two fellas that were making sure myself and two kiddos were okay as we hiked, it was my first time here.
This was a beautiful day for a hike. I will be coming again this summer.

This is a nice area the Metro park system. It is in an urban setting and a great place to take a quick stroll and get the blood pumping while staying close to town. Went the day after we had some measurable snow. 02/19/18

Fun, easy trail. Lots of trees and so close to town !

Great midday escape hike. Decent incline for a short hike. Beautiful trees,quiet not that many people

two different loops to choose from. very quiet! no dogs.

My 7 year old and I enjoyed this trail. Learning about the oak galls and looking for oak trees was lots of fun. Beginning part is a somewhat rocky trail.

I run/hike here all the time!

Great hike

Great hike! I agree with the last review that said it was a little tough for a beginner. I am not a beginner but haven't hiked in some time. But we made it and it was awesome!

Great hike! Especially the summit trail. A bit steep for a first timer like me, but a great hike none the less!

Crowded. Go early in morning or later in day.

I really liked this trail however there is one major downside. There's so many rocks and branches encompassed into these trails here that one blink at the wrong time can send you into ankle breaking mode during your run.
If you don't have strong ankles... Or are clumsy, I would definitely be extra cautious.
The park loop trail is a 5k and went by super fast. Thumbs up. But can't do a whole lot of looking up or around when running.

This is a pretty trail right down the road from me! I enjoyed running It!

Nice hike close in to the city

Nice hike....and close...

You are always able to hear traffic on this trail, but it is convenient to get to and has some nice scenery.

It is a really beautiful place!

I've walked it probably a hundred times literally or more because imma local. It has quite a few trails of different lengths, steepnesses and terrains. It's super cool also due to the fact it's right in the middle of a pretty big city!

Easy (took 2 year old) , clean, great deer/flora views. Will go again

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Nice tidy trails. Saw a deer. Every trail is clearly marked. Shrubs and ground cover seem to be mostly trampled and dying. I would hike again

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Every single passing person said hello. A lot of going up, but it's great exercise. Found a little wood walkway in a meadow-like area, birds singing everywhere! It's my favorite spot on the route I took. Only downside was I found dog poop on the trail when it clearly states "no dogs". Oh well. Other than that, it's short and sweet and a great quick fix for hiking cravings.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Very accessible, and very well maintained. The view from the top isn't too great, but there's tremendous flora scenery on the 'Summit Trail' section. Most of the 'Park Loop Trail' turns into a slip-'n-slide (or even a temporary creek) after typical rainfall, so be sure to bring a towel and a good mood!

Friday, September 16, 2016

Its nice!

Friday, September 02, 2016

nice and close

Monday, July 18, 2016

love this hike need to get there more often

Friday, July 15, 2016

Several length options, easy access, free parking, picnic area... great little hike, especially for being in the middle of suburbia! No doggies allowed - even if they're leashed.