Mount Tabor Loop Trail

Mount Tabor Loop Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Take a ride or a walk around this beautiful city park which holds 3 different reservoirs for Portland Although there is no swimming in the reservoirs for obvious reasons, this park has plenty of other things to offer the whole family including picnic areas, a dog park, monuments, and public art, and even volleyball and tennis areas.

Super familiar park for me. It's not a place to get solitude, but it is a great place to hang out or get exercise. The trails are varied, and some are less populated. There's often some kind of event going on, and there are many areas for kids to enjoy as well as adults. Though I've probably hiked every trail over the years, now that I have a GPS, I guess I'll do it all again while painting cyan lines on the map.

Great mountain bike trail for beginners.

Easy to follow, year round, dog friendly, can be steep in certain areas but very family friendly. Nice view of Portland at the summit, along with a basketball court, playgrounds and restrooms.

beautiful view of downtown Portland.

Fun, scenic, and easy hike. My friend and I did this loop with our kids- ages 5yo, 2yo, and 11weeks. It was a gorgeous, hot, clear day (Monday, April 10 at 11:30am). We started on Mount Tabor Park Road by reservoir #5 and hiked clockwise. I would definitely do this again. The biggest downside was finding a place to meet up with my friend where we could both park.

I head here when short on time and needing a quick run with a little bit of climb. This loop is intended to be run clockwise though I often see people going in the opposite direction. My only complaint is that part of this trail is actually just paved path or road, boo. But all in all it’s decent for being urban. On a clear day there are views of the waterfront/downtown and even with the crowds, it’s usually still peaceful and easy to maneuver.

This 19th century urban park in Portland, Oregon is very popular. It features a peak with nice views and several reservoirs for the city’s water supply. Lots of people and dogs on well used trails.

Beautiful scenery and amazing views of Mt. Hood and downtown Portland.

Good good for 3 and above kids

We followed most of a route from Laura Foster’s “Portland Hill Walks” which includes very interesting residential areas as well as the park itself.

I’m from Southern California here for a conference this week and I loved this trail! Loved all the green and space! My run map is a little all over the place but I had fun! Definitely will try and come back this week and explore more. Good workout for this novice trail runner. Well maintained and marked trails.

It's a nice getaway from the busy streets.

Fun outing!

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

BEAUTIFUL!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Decent trail for a leisurely stroll or running. Great views of downtown. Worth stopping at park, if visiting PDX. Kid friendly.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

I'd call it more of a stroll than a hike. The blue trail really tries hard to squeeze in 3 miles in the park by sneaking in a lot of switchbacks. But it's a nice day and there are a couple good city views.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Short loop with forest like features and an excellent view of Portland. Very accessible for hikers and bikers. Good place to sit and think.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

This is a pretty trail to hike, especially early in the morning. Some areas have decent vistas but there isn't one high peak where you'll see everything.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Another nice city park, I frequent it for walking the dogs.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Went during a weekday to catch the sunset. Moderately trafficked. Very beautiful view. I definitely recommend it. Don't forget bug spray as there are mosquitoes! Free parking.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Nice trail

Thursday, August 04, 2016

One of my favorite places in the city. Great place to take a dog and you can make it as easy or difficult as you want with the variety of trails and stairs. Gorgeous views!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Fabulous !!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Fun walk through the park with great views and lots of Pokemon.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Great park

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Good times - you can run a couple random routes and have fun

Friday, May 20, 2016

Nice and relaxing walk through the city park. Great view of downtown on a clear day.

Monday, May 09, 2016

A good east city hike :)

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Good variety of trail, fields, courts and terrains.