Mount Pisgah Outer Loop Trail

Mount Pisgah Outer Loop Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eugene, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Love this trail! One of the best in Lane County!!

My six year old and I had a great time with this route on a beautiful day in February. It took us the morning at a comfortable pace.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Monday, April 11, 2016

I'm here all the time and love all the trails that I can use. The only thing to watch out for is the poison oak.

Monday, March 14, 2016

We enjoy the Eastside. Less people. Beautiful scenery.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Monday, January 25, 2016

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Thursday, August 13, 2015

My favorite walk and berry-patch there by the turtle and frog ponds was sprayed with toxic chemicals this spring during the rainy season--beware. Nature Conservancy, Friends, Lane County Parks, BPA--please stop!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sunday, January 04, 2015

There are so many options to choose from when visiting Mt Pisgah / Howard Buford Recreation area. While I don't mind hiking up the steep "Trail #1" gravel road, I do prefer going on longer walks on the less traveled trails. Trails #3 and -- even more so -- #2 have a much lighter traffic, probably due to their length and the fact that they are more rocky/sinuous (#3) and quite remote and easily overgrown (#2). Trail #4 (a more "civilized" version of #2) and trail #5 (mostly flat and going along the river and the meadows) also offer good long walks if "summitting" is not your primary goal (although you can use trail #6 do do that from the southeastern end of #4 and #5).
For someone visiting for the first time, or not familiar with the network of trails, I would recommend getting a copy of the trails map ( http://www.lanecounty.org/Departments/PW/Parks/Documents/HBRA_Trails_Brochure.pdf )