Mount McLoughlin Trail

Mount McLoughlin Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Klamath Falls, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

skiing

When you get up onto the East ridge, take a look at the pinnacles within the Eastern Bowl.

Such a fun, rewarding hike. I was worried about finding the trail, but the white dots made it suele easy to follow. It was super windy at the top and I'm glad I brought my wind breaker!

Beautiful. Very difficult to get to the top. Worth it.

Great hike. Visibility around 20 miles only but still worth it. First time up there on a Saturday and i was able to still get a half hour at top alone. Cold today but also was refreshing. Well at thought it was cold. There must of been 10 people in spandex pants, running shoes and tank tops. i'm apparently a woos. The ridge trail is really well marked with little white dots. Thanks to who ever did that no matter how many times I thought they were just bird poop. Great Hike. Ended a great week of hikes.

Was a great day. Plus it was so nice to get above the smoke. Boys did great but were very tired once we got back to the car.

Took us 10 hours, with about 1.5 of breaks, and a slight hour long detour on the decent. The trail at the top is not marked well, we took a wrong turn and stared going down the wrong face of the mountain, Had to double back to the top and restart again. Bring gloves, sunscreen and don't just wear regular sneakers. The trail is very rocky 2/3 of the time, sturdy hiking shoes are a must. Very difficult, but worth the hike.

Bring gloves to protect your hands from the boulders at the top of the mountain. Keep your eyes peeled for the white dots on the rocks, they are marking the trail. Use the app for directions to trailhead, not Google.
* Bring a new notebook if you want to leave your name in the log. The signature log is full and needs to be replaced.

took us 12 hours to walk the 10.9 miles. made it to the top!! very smokey today.

Awesome hike- was definitely an 11 mile hike like the map suggests not 8 miles like this app. Plan for an all day trip, take lots water (my husband and I each has a camel pack plus a small water bottle each and we drank it) take snacks and lunch too! We did not have any bugs :) way up was a steep incline especially towards the top. Lots of loose rock! The end was totally worth it! On the way down the loose gravel made it seem harder than it probably is. We also lost the trail for a bit, but headed east like the map suggests. I suggest wearing shoes that have good traction- the way down was harder because of my shoes. Well worth the day trip!

I'm used to climbing mountains with steep ascents but throw in the terrain and difficult to follow route on this mountain and it turns out not to be as much fun as you'd hoped! The sign at the start says the hike is 11miles but I think it's probably closer to 9miles. The views are beautiful although there was smoke and some clouds effecting our views. Parking at the trailhead is $5. My hiking partner hated this walk and would give it zero stars!!!

Amazing hike very hard Up and back take lots of water and snacks make sure you take tracking polls

Great hike, a little sketchy towards top with loose rock and soft terrain- but take it slowly and you will be fine. My legs never hurt so much at the end, but no pain no gain. Don't forget to sit in the cool creek near trailhead to soak those aching muscles. Trail is well marked with white dots near top so as not to get confused about which direction to head.

It was an awesome adventure and views from the top are amazing! The people we met on the trail were very helpful and encouraging. Definitely bring plenty of water. A lady from Ashland, OR was on the trail and was kind enough to give me her extra water bottle! If she is reading this....THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Bitchin

Better be in good shape and carry more water than you think