Learn more

Mount June Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dexter, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 915 feet Route Type: Out & Back

[Temporary Closure of Forest Road 1751 -- Roads 1751 and 1758-715 Closed Due to Damage from Heavy Rainfall. Coming from the south, (Cottage Grove side) Rd. 1751 is closed due to a landslide about 2 miles before the trailhead, you can park at the road closure and hike the road up to the trailhead. This turns the hike into roughly 7 1/2 miles.] This short and steep hike to the top of Mt June will reward you with views of the Three Sisters and the Cascade range. A former lookout site, the summit at Mount June is the area's tallest peak at 4,618ft. The hike is short at 1.2 miles from trailhead to peak, but there are some fairly steep sections. The hike will take you through a Douglas fir forest with rhododendrons scattered throughout. From the top you will get nice views of the Three Sisters as well as Diamond Peak.

I probably haven’t explored as much as many of you, but this was the most difficult trail to find and probably hardest to get to. The other reviews on this helped a lot, but I’ll describe my experience. Once you turn into the area you go up on a paved rd for about 7 miles then continue a bit further until you hit a gravel road. The conditions on that are tough a lot of pot holes, down branches and trees, narrow road etc. continue on this for about 2.5 miles. On the left you will see some burnt fire wood and a couple ties on trees, take that. About 40 feet further on the left there’s another place to turn left that connects with that first turn, take that if you missed the first one. If you miss those two turns you will eventually get to a closed gate that says no trespassing, and all that. If you take one of the two left turns you should, continue a little under half a mile and you will see the start of the trail and cars parked on the left side of the road. After arriving we parked off to the side of the road, no parking lot, but we had enough space to park. We started up the only trail from that area. We went over about 6 trees on the first leg, for reference our 40lb dog went under about 3 and over 3. After just under a mile the trail forks. Not sure which way to go, but definitely wanting to see the top we went to the right first. There is an immediate elevation change. It will start to go straight up, we did it without poles or anything so it’s not too hard, but it is a full calf workout. After continuing up for around half a mile the trees clear and there is an opening with a great view (not the top) there is a narrow trail to the right that goes around the outside and eventually connects to the other or there is a trail to the left that goes back through the trees like the precious leg has been. We took that one and it goes to the top. The views are great when it’s clear and very open at the top. We returned down back to where it forked earlier. We took the other trail by continuing straight (would have been to the left as we were going up originally). The trail is in great shape for about .75 mile then it becomes a little overgrown. It’s tougher and tougher to find where the trail goes and we decided to turn around and avoid getting lost. People more familiar with the area I’m sure could keep going, but we were not and turned around to head back to the car. After getting down the path we took was just over 4 miles and a lot of uphill at the start. Wet in some areas, but overall a good but narrow path.

Great hike! Was short and steep, so we continued to sawtooth ridge. Little overcast, but burned off towards the top...

This trail is short and steep. The canopy is pretty dense for most of the way, but the summit offers great views of many of the major cascade peaks. There is an unmarked T-intersection about halfway up - right to the summit, left connects to sawtooth ridge. The trail is in good shape, although the road in gets a little rough and narrow in the last few miles.

The trail is moderately steep towards the end but the view at the summit is well worth it. It is well maintained with just a few downed trees that were easy to climb over. When you get to the T intersection, turn right for a steep ascent with great views at the summit. Getting to the trailhead can be slightly confusing due to poor signage. If you hit a private property gate at the end of the long gravel road, you’ve gone too far. Instead, turn left where you see a wooden spoon marked “June” nailed to a tree. Then turn left again to head uphill where there is an older sign. The road can be a little narrow with some branches sticking out, so take caution if you have a wider car. Overall we loved this hike and will definitely be back to enjoy the amazing views of many mountain peaks!

The trail was in pretty good condition, a few down trees but nothing major. the view was spectacular, Mt. Hood to Mt. Thielsen and beyond. My garmin clocked it right at 2.22 round trip. Getting there we took Rattlesnake Rd to Lost Creek and Eagle's Rest and the roads were fine. The last 3 miles were a little rough but we did it in a Versa.

Very nice. A couple of torn up parts of the track, but not a big deal. Overall good condition, amazing, amazing view. Similar difficulty to Spencer’s Butte.

Great views this morning at the top. Sunshine and beautiful views of all of the peaks. A few blow downs. Easy to navigate past. The younger dog went over, the older, wiser dog went under!

Trail had several blow downs that you either had to step over or maneuver over. Some parts were sloppy from the rain. Steep in parts. Oh that view though! My recording was 3.2 miles Note: We took google directions to at Goodman Creek. Lots of potholes, blow down debris, took a long time to get up to trailhead. Suggest you take Hwy 58, to Rattlesnake Rd, to Lost Creek, to Eagles Rest on up....paved forest service road Great hike. Clear sky’s!

Did this may 1st. i did it in my impala and made it through, lot of downed trees and potholes. But we managed to get through. Tree down in front of the sign. But overall great hike will do it again!

icy

Just hiked up to Mount June from sawtooth Mountain, Trail last half mile is quite a climb lots of blow down having to find your way through the forest then snow at the top with a little view when you get there overall a great hike though I did this on April 2020.

icy

Had to park 2 miles from the trail head because the road of full of down trees. The trail is in terrible shape, trees down all up and down the entire length, snow is very deep towards the top. Had to climb over or go around tons of trees and rootwads. The trail is BARELY passable for a strong, motivated and relatively in shape person. It took me 3 hours to get from where I parked, to the summit, even tho that's only 4 miles. It was quite difficult to just find the trail head, had to constantly double check my route with good maps. But anyways, I did make it to the summit, it is doable. I saw couger tracks in the snow and heard some very large creature crashing down the hillside right as I got to the summit, scared the crap out of me. I would not do this hike alone or in the evening again and definitely plan on it taking at least 4 hours to complete. Luckily there is cell service most of the way. The geocache at the top was a huge bonus. Overall, I had a fantastic time, didn't get hurt and went home feeling very occomplished. Mission successful. My adventures can be found on Instagram @desparateexploration