Mount Hood from Timberline

Mount Hood from Timberline is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Hood Parkdale, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August.

rock climbing

skiing

whiteout conditions today. very hard to navigate in this weather. Had to cut the trip short due to high winds and snow

I just return from the summit of Mt. Hood, is great mountain to climb but do not be deceived the last half a mile to summit is very technical....you make on mistake it may be the last.
If you want to summit leave at 1:00 am.
be safe.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Early sunrise trek is the best out on the slope at 2 am hike all the way up just in time to see the sun rise above the world. Best feeling

Friday, June 23, 2017

Scary! Amazing! Skied off the top.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

An amazing but difficult climb with outstanding view of the morning mountain shadow, devils kitchen, hog's back and a 360 view from the top.

Friday, May 06, 2016

I climbed it with 30+ mph winds - probably not the best idea :-)
And so I strongly recommend waiting for a good weather conditions to go there: calm, just below freezing temperature, no clouds, etc.
Also start early - 2 am or so, to be on the summit before 8 am (when snow starts to warm up and melt)

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Love it. I want to do this a few times a year. Started at 2:30 am and was able to make it back by 8:30 for breakfast. Fun!

paddle sports
Friday, November 27, 2015

Fantastic. I skied down the Joe Palmar glacier on Nordic 3 pin skis. Lost a ski on my first turn. Ended up walking, found it at the bottom tip up. Still have those skis.

Monday, November 09, 2015

I attempted to summit Mt. Hood back in May 2012 with a group of 7 friends. As a group, the climbing experience averaged moderate, at best.

We were approximately 150-200 vertical feet from the summit and were forced to stop due to windy conditions.
I would like to make another attempt at the summit now that I'm a bit more experienced.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Ascent via South Side / Old Chute (i.e. nothing crazy). Climbing Oregon's tallest mountain = awesome! Doing it in a low snow year = tougher than expected. Definitely one of the biggest challenges I've ever had considering the overall length of the climb, the fumaroles and the currently very steep chute / gate final ascent. Took us a little over 5 hours up with a moderate alpine start and down just in time to maintain a decent snow footing. Obviously great views up top though not a place I'd want to be in anything but great conditions!

skiing
Sunday, December 28, 2014

I just went skiing here, no crazy ascent to the top of the mountain, but the views are amazing nonetheless.

Monday, June 03, 2013

Totally awesome and wonderfully nerve racking. First technical climb for me and as I drive down to government camp with hood in the rear view mirror I knew I'd just done something amazing. Recommend a guide (timberline guides) if you've never climbed before.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Love this Mountain!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

On a clear day this is one of the best views in Oregon.

recorded summit