Mount Bailey Trail

Mount Bailey Trail is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Glide, Oregon that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

skiing

At the top you'll have an awesome view of Mt. Thielsen over Diamond Lake.

Did this yesterday 6-14-18. The road to the parking area is dry and clear, but there are some deep tire tracks to watch out for. The trail is clear until you get above the tree line. I was able to get over/around the snow in my trail running shoes. However, when I got to the ridge after what I refer to as “the window” looking at Diamond Lake and Thielsen, the snow piled up against the rocks and over the trail seemed too dangerous for what I was wearing. I would say July would be the best time to start this one if you’re not into snowshoeing, etc. The views were spectacular and the trail is very well maintained. I definitely recommend it. Bring plenty of water because the incline is gnarly the closer you get to the top. Happy exploring.

Great Hike with spectacular views on the summit. We did it in early May and the snow was still pretty deep(obviously) and so we wore our mountaineering boots and just slogged up it. We brought snow shoes too but found that just the boots worked best. At the top the trail drops around to the left of the false summit and you have to traverse some slightly sketchy snow field we brought ice axes for this part and kicked steps in. We stayed up on the ridge on the way back down, but be careful of the cornices! They were pretty large and looked ready to go. All in all it took us about five and half hours to summit and another three back down. You could probably do it faster but we were carrying training weight. I'm knocking a star off due mainly to the snowmobiles that drove all the way to the summit and then spun circles around it. Quite obnoxious and sorta ruined the serenity of the mountain top that I crave.

We made it up within a mile from the top. Snow became to deep and consistent to find the trail. Still worth the hike to see the views. Just disappointed we could not get past the tree line

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

love

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

It's 9.4 miles round trip. Not 19.4.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

I did part of this last week, but we went up the service road where it crosses, which I think was a mistake. was hoping for a spot with a good view of the mountain, but no such luck. it was still a really cool hike.
it's most likely more fun at a different part of the year due to tons of mosquito swarms haha.
late June/early July is kinda harsh.
overall an awesome hike though.

Monday, October 19, 2015

We hiked the first 1.6 miles of this trail to an outstanding overlook of Diamond Lake. The hike is moderate in difficulty as it's all uphill but well worth the effort. Once at the overlook ares, scramble a hundred feet or so up the embankment for an unobstructed view.

Monday, July 04, 2016