Moon Falls Trail

Moon Falls Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oakridge, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Cottage Grove: From Cottage Grove Ranger Station, 29 miles. Take Row River Road #2400 east 17 miles to Road #17. Turn left (northeast) on Layng Creek Road 17 and continue for 8.8 miles to Road #1790. Continue to right on Road #1790 and travel for 0.25 miles to Road #l702. Turn left on 1702 and travel for 2.8 miles to Road #1702-728. Turn right on Road #1702-728 and continue for 0.3 miles, turning left on spur Road #1702-203 and continue to the end. The Moonfalls Trail begins at the water bar and continues to follow this spur road to the end. The trailhead is undeveloped with no water and parking available for 2 vehicles.

This was a fun, easy, & beautiful hike! It was a bit muddy the day we went (5/17) but doable! The waterfall is breathtaking with so much to take in! Definitely recommended.

...of the three in this area this was my favorite. The walk is the easiest and the falls.....wow! Pictures really can't do the one justice.

Maybe it was the break from rain, but this was a beautiful hike! Easy for my 4 year old-

A great hike and completely worth making it to the end.

Absolutely beautiful!!! Loved it..... if you go in the winter time wear boots the trail gets quite muddy in some spots.

I waited 2 weeks and all the snow was gone, of a
the 3 falls up there I like this one the most.

Can't really say I got there, because of the road was still snow covered, I thought I better not risk it.

I had to park an extra mile away from the trailhead due to the snow. Overall- totally worth it!! Lovely trail and beautiful falls at the end. Completed on 1/29/17

Got soooo lost trying to find it. There's literally ONE sign that directs you toward moonfalls. Finally found it and all I could do was laugh as to not be so upset. It more like water falling down a hill instead of a waterfall! I've posted my pics. Wish I could've seen it when it was raging water like in some of the other pics!