Molalla River Loop

Molalla River Loop is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Molalla, Oregon that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not a bad trail. I have gone three times and I only met another couple of hikers once. Unfortunately they also had dogs and their Pomeranian tried to attack my husky which resulted in my dog biting it, and the stupid people hitting my dog. But as far as the trails go, they are pretty nice. Peaceful. Just dont go when they are doing a trail ride on horse back.

the river was awesome, but it was more so just following the road and wandering down / following the river when you could.

Nice hike with LOTS of off-shoot trails. I ended up branching off the mail loop road after about 1 mile onto the Elk Skull Trail (rated as "Difficult", but very short), from there to the Fern Creek [I think??] Trail (also rated as "Difficult") which eventually led me back to the main loop road. Very beautiful, lush, shaded route with a sea of ferns the whole way. Personally wouldn't say the trails were "difficult", but definitely steeper and more remote then the main loop road - they parallel the main loop road, just sit deeper in the woods. Hope this all makes sense!

Will definitely come back and do some more exploring.

Amazing and beautiful hike. Shaded the majority of the way. We followed the "red line" on the map to the "T" and it was about a 7.75-8 mile hike. Not sure why it says 5.9 on the description and loop. If we would have had time we may have enjoyed the river a bit...maybe next time.

Great hike. Trails are well marked.

It's amazing and easy

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Great trail system, the pin on this location can send you to the wrong spot if opened in google maps. It's not too hard to find off s. Dickey prairie rd.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Must've gotten bad directions. Ended up stopped at a gate on S Mololla Forest Rd, continued on foot down the road for about 1.5 miles until it returned to pavement and could see a house up ahead. No trails leading off and everything on both sides of the road was posted. Was a nice walk otherwise, but not what I had in mind...

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday, March 17, 2013

This is a wonderland of multiple trails and features, great family hiking.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

I spent a few hours hiking some of these trails with my dog today. It is a beautiful area...the river, trees, trails, creeks, and small waterfalls. The trail system goes on forever.....or it seems like it. They are doing some logging using helicopters and such so some areas are off limits right now, but normally the trails are open year round to hikers and seasonally to bikes and horses. Only annoyance I noticed was the amount of trash along the road by the river. I really wish people would throw their trash in the actual garbage not just wherever they want. Otherwise the area is great...awesome hiking, well marked and maintained trails. Watch out for some fallen trees and the snow at the summit of Rim Trail. The trails are marked by difficulty as well and the maps at the info areas are very helpful. Worth the trip!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lots of trails with different difficulty levels, that way many people of all experience can enjoy the ride. It keeps you wanting to go back.