Mitchell Point Trail

Mitchell Point Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hood River, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good hike but my knees felt it on the initial descent.

A quick, but heart pumping hike! Good to fit in on your drive along the Gorge. Nothing really to see until you get to the top. Don't underestimate it like I did and wear Chacos! Going down it's too steep and lots of lose dirt and little rocks to slip on!

Fun little hike to stretch your legs on your drive through the gorge!

Trail was well maintained and the grade was more reasonable than I expected. Some riprap used to stabilize erosion on the trail can be tricky. The wind was extra strong in the Gorge during this hike. I was solo and concerned about my general lack of balance added with the wind, so I wasn't able to summit. I turned around about 30yds from the tippy top. Even at this distance I could tell the view was outstanding. Will definitely be back to try again on a less blustery day!

such an amazing trail! Felt like Lara Croft climbing over rocks and tree chunks. The worse part was probably the ticks....so many ticks
but definitely worth it!!