Misery Ridge and Summit Trail Loop

Misery Ridge and Summit Trail Loop is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Terrebonne, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

snowboarding

cave

Beautiful canyon and creek, Rock Climbing, Sheer cliffs, hiking and Mountain biking. This hike takes you up and down through this climbers paradise. Because this is a world famous climbing site and the weather is good year round, solitude is hit or miss. The amazing hike through the crooked river canyon is worth putting up with the crowds. The trail is mostly easy walking but gets quite strenuous as it climbs over the ridge. Stop occasionally and watch the climbers rise and fall on the solid rhyolite tuff. Many optional routes can lead you through this park, but one main trail exists throughout. Dont miss monkey face and other rock formations. After hiking this park, head over to the Cove Palisades and hike the Tam-A-Lau Loop.

I loved this hike! It was a bit nerve racking going down because it's all rocks and gravel and my shoes were not up to the task. I kept sliding. Having good shoes and a stick or two would have come in handy.

There is never not a moment where I'm completely in awe of the views. It's so beautiful.

Walked along the river as well and watched 2 bald eagles land across from us. Must do it again!

This was one of the coolest hikes I've ever been on--it definitely feels and looks like Arizona! I recommend starting on Misery Ridge, taking the summit trail, and heading back via Burma Road. We went on 5/18, starting around 9 AM. Was not busy at all, but by the time we got back near the trailhead at 11:30 the park was packed. Views are all around stunning :)

Love this trail!

One of my favorites!

Well...... while Misery Ridge was steep & it kicked my butt, it also gave me the happiest day of my life with the best view ever!!! (She said YES!!!)

Beautiful.

This was a great hike, the initial trail will kick your butt of you aren't in shape. the downhill is a bit slick but all in all it was awesome.

Great views at the top.

tough start but once you get to the top, it is simply amazing! Stop 100 times on the way up if you need to, just don't quite! It is so worth the pain!

Love the views.