Misery Ridge and Summit Trail Loop

Misery Ridge and Summit Trail Loop is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Terrebonne, Oregon that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

skiing

cave

Beautiful canyon and creek, Rock Climbing, Sheer cliffs, hiking and Mountain biking. This hike takes you up and down through this climbers paradise. Because this is a world famous climbing site and the weather is good year round, solitude is hit or miss. The amazing hike through the crooked river canyon is worth putting up with the crowds. The trail is mostly easy walking but gets quite strenuous as it climbs over the ridge. Stop occasionally and watch the climbers rise and fall on the solid rhyolite tuff. Many optional routes can lead you through this park, but one main trail exists throughout. Dont miss monkey face and other rock formations. After hiking this park, head over to the Cove Palisades and hike the Tam-A-Lau Loop.

great hike. Showed up around 6:30 am and beat the crowd. great views!

Best trial in life ever

Beautiful hike! One of my favorite place to come is Bend Or and see all it's beauty.

I hiked this trail with my family and it was a challenging hike for me but I feel so accomplished as I’ve always wanted to be able to do hikes like this. Made it all the way to the top. Gorgeous views all around. My boys are 12 and 15.

Definitely love this hike! Spectacular sunrise and sunset views. Of course all times of day are great but if you can manage dawn or dusk hikes the reward is amazing!

Worth the drive from the valley. We went on Memorial Day weekend and parking was awful. The loop took my wife and I three hours from parking lot and back. Be prepared for Misery Trail to blast your thighs.

Vistas to die for.

Incredible hike! Stunning views!

What a great hike! Feels like we got the full Smith Rock experience. We got to the park around 1 and parking waa full, the park was very crowded on a sunny and warm spring day. Misery Ridge section of the trail was quite crowded but once we continued on over the ridge it was very quite. We only passed a handful of people - it was a nice change from the crowded start. Trails are well maintained, a little gravelly in spots but nothing too difficult. This loop gives you the full Smith Rock experience and definitely is worth the extra time exploring.

Amazing. That’s all you can say! Definitely recommend doing this hike, you’ll have no regrets!

It is called Misery ridge for a reason! The hike up was no easy task even for being pretty fit. The view and sweat was totally worth it. Trail was clear and not much shade so I recommend going early. Hands down beautiful hike and worth the effort

Definitely a bit miserable at first. I recommend going up misery ridge first then coming down the backside as the steepness of Misery Ridge with the scree can be slippery!

Wow! We did the hard (right) side first, then came down via Mesa Verde/River Trail. For us older hikers who wear glasses I recommend trekking poles. The views are stunning.

Beautiful hike, very well maintained trails. Very busy on the weekends though...

Hiked this with my husband pushing our bob stroller and my 7 month old baby strapped to me in the Ergo. Difficult but amazing. We loved every minute. The views are outstanding!

Probably one of my all time favourite hikes. It’s a mix of hard up hill, hard downhill and everything in between. The beauty of the area on a sunny day, is magnanimous.the hike itself is hard, with slightly sketchy moments, but nothing to fear. Just put your head down and keep going.

this is a great hike. go to the right for shorter steeper or the left for longer and mellow. both ways are beautiful.

weather was perfect, 55 and party cloudy. did the hard section first (would recommend) then got to relax with a nice, easy walk at the end.

Excellent views!!

Awesome route that takes you through all the best Smith has to offer!

Great hike. And views from the top are absolutely worth it. Looking forward to doing it again when I’m back in Oregon!

Really amazing hike, had so much fun! Amazing views and a great workout. The first stretch was the hardest but after the first mile or two it still gained quite a bit in elevation but was pretty easy. The whole loop took about 3 hours with breaks to watch the rock climbers, loved it!

I am 50 years old had a heart attack in June of 2017. And we made it up and thru the whole trail. Don’t kid yourself, it’s difficult but beautiful. It was awsome

Beautiful views and great workout!

AMAZING hike and views! Definitely a difficult hike, but worth it! My all time fav!

Love it when I'm there to hike, hate it when I'm there to climb. But this trail always commands some of the most breathtaking sunsets in Oregon. Always a top pick.

Amazing hike, perfect weather just the right amount of challenge.

Great hike with great views.

It was super scary but totally worth it!!!

Breathtaking but hard