Misery Ridge and River Trail

Misery Ridge and River Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Terrebonne, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

good workout in the heat.

Loved it! Steep and scary going up and down. And bugs by the river.

Loved this hike even on a hot 94 degree day. Views of rugged mountains, blue sky and river in almost every direction. Took us a little over 2 hours while stopping to take multiple pictures. Most people were taking time to enjoy and finishing in 2.5 to 3 hours. We were very glad we had our trekking poles on the steep, scree covered parts of the trail.

Nothing Moderate about the first 3/4 mile, but once you get to the top the views are quite spectacular. Well worth the effort.

Great trail and hike. Saw a snake on the river trail. Not sure what kind. Take your time climbing up and down because of loose stones. Awesome views and sights of rock climbers. Last hike up the chute is stairmaster level 20

So much fun I want to go back!

AMAZING HIKE. We decided to hike the steeper part first and it was much more worth it for the beautiful hike down on the easier side. Started at about 4pm and the temperature was perfect! Beautiful views and nice people in the area!

Get your lungs ready! Great hike up! 10/10

It was a strenuous hike to the top but well worth it!!
I completed the complete loop, even while coming down some parts were very steep.
Don't forget to look back at the monkey face once you reach down (you will understand why they call it monkey face!!)

Awesome Invigorating hike! Ended up taking the longest and hardest hike up by accident but it was well worth it.

Well maintained, beautiful trail, go later in the day to avoid crowds on the weekends . Gorgeous views at the top!

Awesome trail and the views can not be beat! Take extra water and cover up, do not forget to stop and look up!

Amazing day pushing personal limits! Having never hiked, it was definitely not a race, but a trail worthy of more preparation for a second go! Shoes with good traction, water, and poles recommended for the novice... I had the water part down!

Great day!

Started the trail around 4pm and caught the early sunset on the way down. Bring lots of water if doing this in the late spring-summer months. Be aware of rattlers. Saw 3 on the trail. Keep your eyes open for gorgeous views, climbers on slack line, and the Monkey Face. Well worth it!

Really fun

Great trail, in very good condition!

It was very well maintained as well as clean and fun! I would defiantly recommend but bring a lot of water! It gets very hot in the sun. Absolutely breathtaking views!

Amazing views! The climb is pretty intense but it's well worth it. Really crowded today between 1 and 3PM but maybe that's because it's a Saturday. Try going on a weekday or before noon. We also came across 2.3 rattlesnakes (one was really small) so watch out for those, especially in the lower areas.

I hike this often, mainly because its in my backyard. I am never disappointed.

I would suggest doing this early in the morning in the summer. I hiked this mid day and wish I had made it earlier. I hiked Tam-a-lau trail at Lake Billy Chinook before hiking this particular trail, so I arrived later than I wanted. The views are amazing! We brought binoculars with us and was able to watch a lot of rock climbers. There were 2 people in the mouth of monkey face! It was somewhat busy, but never seemed too crowded. Would like to do this one again!

Great hike with the family. Beautiful scenery the entire route

Not too long of a hike for a family. We stopped halfway to have lunch next to the river. The views were gorgeous and don't regret doing the hike. Both our kids (9yr. & 13yr.) really enjoyed it.

Great hike overall. The vistas were awesome. Started with the Misery Trail first then came down on the backside through Mesa Verde Trail and followed along the River Trail to finish off the hike.

Amazing...pick a blue sky-day and enjoy the vulcanic history! Loved it

Great hike, not long with some challenge, we ended up adding the summit trail to make it more challenging.

Smith Rock trails never disappoint.

It gets very warm and the incline is demanding in hot weather. Take plenty of water

Great hike. I would recommend doing this loop counter clockwise, knocking out the hard part first, then enjoying the views and relaxing the rest of the way. The part that follows the river, especially on the backside is so peaceful and relaxing. Lots of waterfowl to be seen. Will definitely be doing this hike more often.

Totally kicked my out of shape butt! Loved every minute of it! Very scenic and great inviting atmosphere!