Misery Ridge and River Trail

Misery Ridge and River Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Terrebonne, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Awesome trail and the views can not be beat! Take extra water and cover up, do not forget to stop and look up!

Amazing day pushing personal limits! Having never hiked, it was definitely not a race, but a trail worthy of more preparation for a second go! Shoes with good traction, water, and poles recommended for the novice... I had the water part down!

Great day!

Started the trail around 4pm and caught the early sunset on the way down. Bring lots of water if doing this in the late spring-summer months. Be aware of rattlers. Saw 3 on the trail. Keep your eyes open for gorgeous views, climbers on slack line, and the Monkey Face. Well worth it!

Really fun

Great trail, in very good condition!

It was very well maintained as well as clean and fun! I would defiantly recommend but bring a lot of water! It gets very hot in the sun. Absolutely breathtaking views!

Amazing views! The climb is pretty intense but it's well worth it. Really crowded today between 1 and 3PM but maybe that's because it's a Saturday. Try going on a weekday or before noon. We also came across 2.3 rattlesnakes (one was really small) so watch out for those, especially in the lower areas.

I hike this often, mainly because its in my backyard. I am never disappointed.

I would suggest doing this early in the morning in the summer. I hiked this mid day and wish I had made it earlier. I hiked Tam-a-lau trail at Lake Billy Chinook before hiking this particular trail, so I arrived later than I wanted. The views are amazing! We brought binoculars with us and was able to watch a lot of rock climbers. There were 2 people in the mouth of monkey face! It was somewhat busy, but never seemed too crowded. Would like to do this one again!

Great hike with the family. Beautiful scenery the entire route

Not too long of a hike for a family. We stopped halfway to have lunch next to the river. The views were gorgeous and don't regret doing the hike. Both our kids (9yr. & 13yr.) really enjoyed it.

Great hike overall. The vistas were awesome. Started with the Misery Trail first then came down on the backside through Mesa Verde Trail and followed along the River Trail to finish off the hike.

Amazing...pick a blue sky-day and enjoy the vulcanic history! Loved it

Great hike, not long with some challenge, we ended up adding the summit trail to make it more challenging.

Smith Rock trails never disappoint.

It gets very warm and the incline is demanding in hot weather. Take plenty of water

Great hike. I would recommend doing this loop counter clockwise, knocking out the hard part first, then enjoying the views and relaxing the rest of the way. The part that follows the river, especially on the backside is so peaceful and relaxing. Lots of waterfowl to be seen. Will definitely be doing this hike more often.

Totally kicked my out of shape butt! Loved every minute of it! Very scenic and great inviting atmosphere!

If you'd rather go down stairs than up walk along the river first. The climb is long on the back side but anything to avoid hoisting yourself up several sets of stairs. Can't wait to come back and try some other loops.

This place is amazing it gets crowded really fast so make sure you go as early as possible!!

great views of the mountains, rock climbers and wildlife. the backside of misery ridge can be steep, narrow, and slippery so be careful.

Great views of mountains in distance, of river below, and of landscapes in all directions

Hiked River Trail to Mesa Verde Trail to Misery Ridge with family. Stunning views from the top. Disappointed we didn’t see any rock climbers the entire loop.

Up and down Misery Ridge

Beautiful!!!

, This was one of the best hikes i have taken so far, the hike up was tuff but not impossible, the View on the top was splendid( great open sunny sky that day) the way down was a delight and the all walk on the river edge was amazing, with fantastic rocks formation on our left side and beautifull river scean on the wright.. it was a blast all the way..

Good hike. A bit tough with a 10 month old on your bike.

Absolutely gorgeous views! Great workout too!

Finished in 2 hours. Great quick hike. I went up the steep way first, and I didn't find it to be as terrible as it sounds. It's steep for sure but before you know it you're at the top. I went early morning to beat the crowd and heat. Wear good shoes bc it's loose gravel and sand. And lots of water. Beautiful. And then you go down and have a flat easy trail to cool down on.