Mirror Lake Loop Trail

Mirror Lake Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Government Camp, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A mellow and easy forest hike or snowshoe a little over a mile west of Government Camp. This hike gets you to Mirror Lake and offers fantastic views of Mt. Hood. Note the change in trailhead- the old trailhead is closed beginning November 1 each year, and this year (2018) there is construction going on here as well.

It is beautiful trail covered with snow. Some areas are very slippery. Unfortunately, I didn’t see Mt Hood. I am not sure it is due to weather or just missing it. Lake is frozen and has lots of foot print. I have no guts to step on it.

Pretty icy in spots but worth it in snowshoes. Went up on Tuesday and saw 6-8 other people/dogs. Right now you'd need crampons or snowshoes, I saw a few people that turned around because they couldn't get very far. The payoff at the lake is fantastic, it's frozen over but there are some visible warm spots along the shore so I wouldn't recommend walking on it.

Great hike with fantastic views on a nice day! It was a bit steep at times. It was very doable for us in winter.

There is now a parking area that is plowed adjacent to the Ski Bowl parking lot. If it’s winter, make sure to get a Sno-park day pass.

We snowshoed, but we would have been fine with crampons/microspikes. Icy patches made it tough for folks without.

Very beautiful (especially with all of the snow), but always very, very crowded. There’s a reason it’s the most popular hike on the mountain!

Trail was busier than I expected for it being a weekday but great hike nonetheless. Snow was packed down, using micro spikes made it much easier but could be done without them. Trail is in excellent condition and easy to hike. I didn’t see any dog poop or trash like other reviews mentioned but the first half mile did have orange peels dropped every few feet on the trail...

We completed this trail with my family yesterday 1/6/2019. Beautiful trail, lake was totally frozen, we could walk all the way across the lake. You have to park at SkiBowl and there are two parking lots - one for SkiBowl and other one near Mirror Lake Plaza. I parked in SkiBowl parking and I don't know if snow park permit is needed in this space.
Trail is pretty wide, well groomed and we found many people on the trail. Path from parking lot to the trail-head is well behind the freeway and I wasn't bothered by any noise from freeway. It looks like they put up new plaza, restroom and new trail pathway from parking to trail-head. Overall nice trail.

Beautiful with all the snow! I wasn’t as fit as I would’ve liked to be so maybe I’ll hike it in the summer. Adding snowshoes makes everything harder. Disappointed in how much dog poop was on the trail :(

Easy hike for my first snowshoe adventure. I could have hiked it today without the snowshoes but wore them anyway for the practice. Great views especially with all the snow cover. I even ventured out on the lake. It was frozen solid. Highly recommend checking this hike out this time of year.

A fun way to bring in the new year! I would rate it as easy-medium depending on your fitness level. The second half of the hike up is switchbacks which don’t get too steep but it is a climb. That made the way back that much more enjoyable though. Beautiful frozen lake with a view of Mt Hood was a nice reward.

Beautiful trail. If you want to have some peace and get away from clouds do the extra 1.5 miles to the bridge and then loop back around! That’s our favorite part!

Great trail, did this on 12/22. lots of snow and the lake was frozen over. looking forward to coming back in the summer, when mt hood is more visible.
only reason I dont give it 5 stars is the amount of garbage and dog poop bags along the trail. please be courteous people!

It’s an easy hike to a beautiful view. Anybody could do it. Trail is very well maintained and well marked.

Beautiful hike, perfect For This Time Of The Year, !

Beautiful day with gorgeous view of Mt! A bit windy but otherwise perfect, no crowds easy parking. Our dog loved it!

Nice fairly quick hike. Little bit of elevation to get to the lake, but the loop around it is flat. Expect it to be busy during summer weekends.

Good hike with decent incline... However, it is longer than 3.7 miles. Prepare for atleast 5.8 miles.

Great new trail

Shorty but a goody. Brand new trail head and trail with beautiful bridges. Get there early for that “mirror” effect the lake is known for and avoid the crowds.

New parking and trailhead now open. New route shows on the map. The new trail section looks like a new trail. But the bridges over Camp Creek and other stream are nice and within a couple years it should look great. Really nice to have more adequate parking and not having people walk along 26 to get to the trailhead.

Completed August 12-13 2018
Camped

Easy hike.

This scenic trail is easily accessible (once you find parking!) and provides a very scenic hike. Fairly busy, keep dogs on leash, use proper trail etiquette.

We enjoyed our hike on a beautiful 65 degree, sunny day! On the way to Mirror Lake, the trail weaves through pine forest on a consistent incline, but the ground is a bit forgiving. There are tree roots and rocks to work around, but it is easily navigable. Don’t skip the hike around Mirror Lake, this is where you’ll get iconic views of Mount Hood. The hike down is relaxing. Enjoy the tranquility and the friendly hikers you’ll meet along the way!

Gorgeous hike that’s still accessible even in the snow! Lots of great pics and tons of tiger trout catches

I've done this hike several times. Easy enough for everyone, but still a fun accomplishment. Beautiful view, woods, lake, and wildflowers. That view of Mother Hood is to die for

easy hike, gorgeous views at the lake. our dogs loved it too.

So beautiful, definitely worth it to go on to the Tom Dick & Harry trail once you loop the lake!

First time hikers with a 9 yr old and a pregnant lady. It was rainy and overcast but was still lovely. Maybe we’re just optimists, but nothing ruined our hike!

Really nice hike. It deserves the “moderate” tag because there are rocks and tree roots everywhere under foot, making it a little tricky especially when wet; but the trail is wide and leisurely for sure. I didn’t go on to Tom, Dick, and Harry because it was so foggy I could barely even see the lake, much less any views of mountains in the distance. I’ll be back on a clear day.

great hike to mirror lake but of you are going to go that far take the Tom dick and Harry trail all the way to the top and get views of five peaks at the same time( hood, Jefferson, Rainer, St Helen's, Adams) such an amazing view.