Minto-Brown Island Park

Minto-Brown Island Park is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Salem, Oregon that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Great leisurely walk

Great easy hike - lots of trails

Started at Riverfront Park and spent 90 minutes hiking mostly paved paths. Easy access. Great for beginners.

Okay for beginning hikers. You can access the park from the riverfront bridge downtown by walking in or driving into the actual park. Flat terrain and they have picnic tables and

Great for walking

This trail offers many opportunities to see green flatland beauty as well as feeling completely immersed within the trees. The trails are pretty wide and it is a popular trail. Be prepared to wear hiking boots or boots you don't mind getting wet or muddy. During the moist times of the year, especially, look out for the trail being blocked by mud. The trail is a little confusing to follow, but the beauty is worth it.

Easy to change the route you wanna take. It was insanely hot so we decided to stay under tree cover.

I come here several times a week to walk. Lots of trails, mostly paved (asphalt) but some just wood chips. Some trails are open, some in the woods, some along the river. You can get pretty far out and not see many people at all. Has a very big dog park and dogs are OK on other trails on leash. The loops I walk are 3-5 miles but sometimes I do an 8 mile loop, there are plenty of signs with maps. Lots of birds to look at depending on the season. In winter/spring some areas flood, limiting access on some trails. Recently the park has been expanded at the northern end and now connects by pedestrian bridge to downtown Salem. Only thing I would improve if I could would be to add some hills - the park is overall pretty much flat.

I really love this place I come here every once in a while. I enjoy to bike, walk, run, and play with my dogs while sometimes my family and I go kayaking. Their is a lot to explore including a broken car in the woods and some openings to swim. If I could I would rate this a 10 out of 10 would Come again please come to this awesome park that is connected to river front enjoy everything I do and more down at river front park where a merry go round is waiting for you, please enjoy everything I do and more talking to nice people there. (Kid friendly)

Xander Plumley

Amazing trails

Great off leash dog area and a few trails that are leash optional as well. really big and lots to explore. Great for easy day nature walks. Kid friendly.

Beautiful trails with many different paths to explore.

It's beautiful, and the park is open until midnight.

nice afternoon walk

Beautiful path, mostly paved.

Wonderful

New bridge makes this a great walk. First weekend open so LOTS of people. Still was able to walk quiet trails with my dogs. Was a little too busy for bicycles today.

I went in the morning time and It was very enjoyable! People were very friendly to one another when walking or running past each other.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Minto-Brown Island Park is a great place. I go there to walk, run, and ride bikes. There is a huge dog park with. Large fields. Over 10 miles of trails.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

I enjoyed the set up. You can take your dog with ease. There is a great open field where your dog can be off leash to decent trails where we encountered joggers, walkers and bikers. Though it seemed busy upon arrival, I believe that due to the spaces it gave people distance and it then felt more quiet and calm.
I will be returning.