Learn more

McKenzie River: Hendricks Bridge Wayside to Hayden Bridge

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(11)
Springfield, Oregon

McKenzie River: Hendricks Bridge Wayside to Hayden Bridge is a 0.6 mile loop trail located near Springfield, Oregon. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.6 miles Elevation Gain: 13 feet Route Type: Loop

Eh, it feels more like a rest area than a trail. It has decent river access and areas for family picnics, if that is what you're looking for.

Mon Jul 16 2018

Forgot this one

Fri Jan 05 2018

Hi this is a short, mostly flat walk. On trail/ pathway that is not always maintained. Nice views of the river, woods and park. There are a couple spots to park your car free if you are only going to be half hour or less. This area is the "Rest Stop" instead of the entire day use park. Also, this is Hendricks Wayside Park and Hendricks Bridge. Hayden Bridge is on the Camp Creek Rd./Marcola Rd corner. (10 or so miles downriver from Hendricks.)

Thu Sep 14 2017

I walk my dog here go around twice. It's on the McKenzie river. Rarely run into people. It's a walk not a hike

Sun Apr 30 2017

Nothing special. Not really in the wilderness.

Fri Sep 23 2016

It's a very short walk. I bring my dogs there a lot it's right by my house. The trees aren't well maintained if it's windy or raining hard I'd stay off it. The moss gets heavy. It's a pretty walk I wouldn't call it a hike.

Sat Jun 25 2016

Difficult to find the path and then when we found it it was fairly overgrown. If you go, don't follow the path in the app. Walk to the river from the parking lot and on the left will be a trailhead sign. The park looks nice for picnics. Also, parking is $4.

Sun Jun 19 2016

Short walk but ok for a quick walk

Mon Aug 07 2017