Marys Peak Summit Trail

Marys Peak Summit Trail is a 1.1 mile out and back trail located near Philomath, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Short hike from summit parking lot to top of Marys Peak great views From the parking lot follow the main trail/road (to the east of the parking lot) up to the summit of Marys Peak. This is a well maintained gravel trail and there are several single-trak trails (like the Summit Loop Trail) that branch off. There is a significant elevation gain, but it is not long. Only the very old or very young might have difficulty. A wheel chair could be pushed up it, but it would be difficult because of the angle near the top. One of the best times to visit is the month of May when all the flowers are out.

A truly beautiful place, but this trail is more of a walk with a big hill at the end.

Great views from the parking lot before the hike. I wouldn't rate this as a hard hike, it's short and not all that steep. Many other trails to explore in addition to the main summit trail.

Short hike. Not hard. Best on a crystal clear day.

I will do this one again in daylight sometime instead of midnight so I can see the views it's famous for. I will say it's pretty steep, and slow going in March when the ground has anywhere from 2-12 inches of snow on it. Also very windy so maybe don't go when it is sleeting out unless you're in need of a serious exfoliation. What can I say, Ingress is a strange game

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Beautiful views! It didn't really feel like a mile. Would love to come back for sunrise/sunset

Monday, July 04, 2016

Great views from the summit. On a clear day you can see the Coast Range, Three Sisters, Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Hood.

Monday, June 27, 2016

beautiful views at the top on a clear dats- check the 6 mountains!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Amazing views!!

Friday, May 29, 2015

Beautiful view from the top, on a clear day you can see the ocean.

Thursday, April 09, 2015

The view at the top is awesome! The mountains to the E and the ocean to the W. Just beautiful!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Beautiful easy hike. We saw the ocean on our left and the Willamette valley on our right. Truly amazing!

Sunday, July 06, 2014

Everything I've read says this is a difficult trail, and while it is uphill that is the most difficult part about it. I hiked this with a friend and our dogs on a cloudy somewhat rainy day and it was still beautiful with the fog and rain. Because of the fog there was no spectacular view from the top, but it was well worth it. Thin trails though. Soon I'll do the whole trail.

Friday, June 14, 2013

This was an amazing hike, with amazing views. Marys Peak is the highest point on the Oregon Coastal range, but the hike from the upper trail head is easy. We could see 10 mountains from the top, and the rolling coastal hills and mountains were amazing. You have views of the Willamette Valley (Corvallis) to the East and the Pacific Ocean to the West. If you want an amazing view and and easy hike, this is the place to go!

Lots of wildflowers, though not very much wildlife.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Went up this trail last Sunday! It is 2.5 miles each way from Coopers Camp and we were hiking through the clouds the entire hike! I hear there is a great view but we were in clouds. At the peak we were in blustery winds with no view to be had, but the hike up to the peak was still lovely and the hike back down was nice. This is a great place to see the reforestation projects and find animal trails and tracks.