Marshall Park Trail

Marshall Park Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pretty muddy, and difficult to navigate sometimes, but the river was beautiful!

It’s a pretty spot but not well marked. There is so many trail heads it’s not clear where you’re suppose to go. We also sought this one out for the ‘waterfall’ but it’s more like a creek going downhill. Great for kids and pets it would seem, not much for a direct hike.

Creek is a cool feature and park is easily accessible.

My girlfriend and I went here last weekend and it was a really enjoyable hike. A little muddy so I would recommend wearing shoes that you don’t mind washing or hiking boots but the views were beautiful.

Beautiful area but the trails aren’t marked well and the loop itself is hard to hike because there are so many different trails.

Some muddy sections this time of year, so definitely wear boots. i loved hopping stones or balancing across fallen trees or 6x6 chunks of lumber for a handful of creek and draw crossings, but those may make this otherwise moderate trail a little more daunting for some. Never saw any waterfall.

Nice city hike. Little muddy in November, so warn old hiking shoes.

Very lush, green and mossy forest hiking! Not many others hiking, peaceful escape from city. On the easy end of moderate

This Trail is more easy than moderate. Great place to escape the City.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

We most assuredly do this hike again but when it's much drier. Quite a bit of scrabbling over trees, and even a plank crossing. By the time we got down to the bottom it was just too muddy and slick for us so we turned back. The trail is not hard but agree with the moderate rating for these beginner hikers.

Friday, March 31, 2017

Not much mud. Decent local hike. Tryon Creek is just starting to rise.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Friday, September 16, 2016

Kind of a lame "walk". No signage, had no idea where to go. Took a path that led to the sewage and then up to the main road. Had no idea where to go, there were like 5 different paths. It's nice for a morning walk if you live in the area, otherwise would not recommend.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Nice cool and shaded park on a hot day but the lack of signage is really confusing. So many offshoots of trails and no idea where they lead. Took my dog there and followed a trail hoping to be looped back to the parking area but it led me to bones ferry road...so whatever trail we were on was not a loop.

Monday, July 25, 2016

the trail is not kept well

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Very fun and easy!! Perfect for a full family with kids! My wife and I walked around all the trails and there were some cool forest and creek views. However, some parts gets a little too close to some houses and takes away a little bit of the nature aspect. We did not see a waterfall either like it said.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Beautiful sceneries and moderate climbing overall good environment

Friday, July 01, 2016

It was a really nice park. There would be parts that would be considered hike, but some of it just felt like a walk. It was really close to streets and you could hear a lot of traffic so it wouldn't be my normal hiking area. I couldn't find the waterfall at all, I don't think there is one. There is a creek but that's about it.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Very pretty and relaxing hike

Sunday, May 01, 2016

This is a good one when dry. Early May was a little too early this year with some super muddy sections. Beautiful scenery!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Great trail for dog walks with a little elevation change, lots of interesting things to see and if you follow the loop you'll wind up crossing the stream which is really nice to look at. If I lived closer I'd come here daily.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Good for kids if you are local. I didn't see a waterfall so if that's why you are going don't.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Great outdoorsy "park" in great city location. Tons of different paths that loop. Some minor elevated areas but not bad,many paths with 4x4 planks to cross over water. Took two dogs on leashes and we practically had all the trails we wanted to ourselves. If you use the directions from the app they are accurate however provide very few Parking options if the park has more than 5 visitors taking those directions. Googles directions seem to take you to more parking options

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Easy, fun hike. Good for kids

Monday, July 13, 2015

Beautiful hiking trails. Make sure you know where you park your car and what trail it is on.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Great little park in the heart of town. I love this place!