Marion Lake Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 882 feet Route Type: Loop

Relaxing hike minus the blowdown. The views were nice, but most of it was just through woods and the blowdown was pretty ridiculous in some sections. Gorgeous lake, but nothing crazy. Very easy hike.

Beautiful lakes! Great fishing. So many blow downs for hiking in with packs. Posted a pic of some downed trees for perspective. It’s kind of ridiculous how many.

Great hike with an awesome view of Three Fingered Jack! Would have given it a 5 but there are a lot of downed trees across the trail which were blocking the way. Still made it through with a dog though. At around .75 miles there is a particularly bad patch of downed trees and we got lost from the trail for approximately 20 minutes. Look for orange ties that other hikers have left behind to help you stay on track in this area. No snow and otherwise pretty easy and beautiful!

Few nasty patches of trees down. Stayed the night with the place all to ourselves. Some areas closed to camp for restoration, follow posted signs!

Lots of downed trees on the path way but it was such a beautiful hike and worth climbing over every one.

Lots of downed trees but it is passable. We went all the way to the fire brun area then decided we didn't want to go further. No passes were required when we were there a couple days ago. The lake is beautiful.

icy

Lots of downed trees on the road up to the trailhead, still lots of snow up there!

It’s cars allowed????? If I want to do the trail in my Jeep !!! Thanks :)

Hiked this trail yesterday. Awesome hike! Trail is in great shape with just a bit of boulder field crossing. Lots of old growth hemlock and douglas fir. Gradual uphill to the lake which is 4.9 miles from the trailhead. Hiking the loop at the lake adds another mile or so. Passed a couple of guys at Lake Ann who were fishing and they had 5 or 6 nice size trout. No fee after Nov 1 until Memorial Day.

This is a great trail, easy to get to. Well shaded and leads to a beautiful lake! Highly recommended!!

Great trail. A loop and out and back. Through the trees with not too much elevation gain. Nice view of three finger jack at the lake. On a Thursday we had the trail to ourselves. My recording was more like 6 miles than the 4.9 listed. The dirt road leading to the trail head was in good shape (better than Opal Creek).

Did this one yesterday (8/10/19) with my daughter. It was raining when we started and still cloudy when we got to the lake, so I didn’t see three fingered jack. It was a great hike. Not intense. The falls were spectacular. If you can find them you should see them while you’re there. I got bit by a few mosquitoes near the lake.

Fun hike with a 8 yr old and a 9 yr old their first backpack trip, they loved it. Most of the lake is day use only, we only found one camp site, was along the creek and perfect for us, was a releif to find it, boys were tired :)

A really great trail. I would do this one again anytime, the lakes are beautiful, the trail is very well maintained. All around a great afternoon on the trail.

We hiked in and camped overnight, the lake is absolutely beautiful! the hike was great, well maintained, rocky at some points. mosquitos were thick!! we loved it and will do it again.

Great hike! View at the lake of Three Finger Jack was amazing. Two switch backs and small section of trail was rocky. Mosquitoes not too bad. Lots of wildflowers. Missed the bear grass and rhodies blooming - would have been beautiful. Will come back in late May or early June of next year to see that.

Great hike. Found the falls but didn’t go all the way down to them. Bring bug spray. There are mosquitos.

I love this trail so much! Wasn’t too hard, but broke a little bit of sweat. I went on 6/1/19. I was surprised/happy to see absolutely NO snow. Family friendly for sure. Perfect for taking relatives out of town to a different hike than all the super popular/crowded ones. Put my feet in the water to cool off. Next time I’ll bring a float and hang out at the lake a little longer.

Sun Jun 02 2019

The incline is steady and consistent hiking in, but is well shaded and maintained. The views of the lake are stunning and well worth the effort! Loved exploring this area and can't wait to go back.

Fri May 31 2019

Great hike. Great fishing.

Fri May 10 2019

Went hiking on May 10, 2019. Found the falls and easily made it to Marion Lake. There is still snow on the trails, but it is easily navigated. The falls were roaring and spectacular. The trillium and violas are blooming everywhere. No bugs, no mud, no downed trees on the trail. Some residual snow - particularly on the side trail to the falls. Perfect weather and a great hike.

Sun May 05 2019