Lyle Cherry Orchard Trail

Lyle Cherry Orchard Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Rowena, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lyle Cherry Orchard Trail

My friend and I got 100 ft up the trail and came upon a rattlesnake. it was hiding on the edge of the trail in the bushes. Being so close to it we booked it down the trail and ended up falling on hands and knees. I would love to try it again with more people sometime but we were too freaked out to try again after that. :/ and yes I'm aware we handled it all wrong.

It’s a beautiful hike, totally recommend going in the spring, the cherry tree was in bloom! The whole hike is stunning with the wild flowers and breath taking views around every turn, with hawks and crows flying off the cliffs.

Full of yellow and purple wild flowers! Start your hike early so you get the trail for yourselves. Missing log in sheet and pen at the entrance. Bring hiking poles if you are carrying a heavy pack. It gets windy when you get up.

Exceeded my expectations. Perfect time of year to go. Epic views from the get go.

Do not take dogs on this hike TICKS are EVERYWHERE. I found at least ten on my dogs and four on me. Otherwise the hike was really fun and quick. I would rate it a lot higher if it weren't for the ticks. WTA was clearing the trail when I went on it so poison oak was not an issue. Triple check yourself for ticks after this hike

one of my favorite trails... just watch out for poison oak in the first climb, and then for rattlesnakes on the meadow areas in the rocks... Ive experienced both on this trail, but still a favorite! views are fantastic.

Stunning view and unique landscape! No one on the trail when we went-- and for good reason, it was about 90 degrees and a rattlesnake cross the trail and surprised us about one mile from the trailhead in the forested oak area-- be vigilent in going slower and looking for sure. Poison oak lined the entire trail and starthistle but we managed to make it through unscathed by going carefully. Wouldn't recommend to everyone, but anyone keen on adventure and proceeding with caution, the views reward! We did not see any ticks and triple-checked ourselves. Not kid-friendly.

awesome views. poison oak on most of trail. close to Lyle Washington not Mayer state park in Oregon.

Nice views, be careful of cliffs and poison

Descent views.

WARNING: Trail is covered in Poison Oak and Yellow Starthistle

I will be back

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Don't bring dogs. Poison oak is everywhere. You have to sign a waiver to even walk the trail.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

beautiful hike on a sunny day. The wildflowers are about a week or two from being fully open but there was still a lot of color. Steep hike for the first mile but the views are incredible.