Lower Table Rock Trail

Lower Table Rock Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Central Point, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 4.8 miles Elevation Gain: 793 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Well maintained trail, the top was pretty muddy as it rained the night before but most puddles were easy to navigate around. We did this with our 3, 5, and 8 year old kids and they did great, just were tired the last mile. We ended up carrying the 3 year old most of the way down in a kid backpack. Amazing views from the top though!

beautiful trail easy

Uphill most of the way, but not hard. When you get to the top, it is a flat 1/2 mile to the end. Interesting information signs at the beginning of the hike.

While I like the top of Upper Table Rock better, I prefer this trail over Upper. It’s a little longer and has more incline, but it’s much prettier. I also love the history regarding the Takelma Indians at Lower Table Rock. Despite being in the middle of an urban area, the area around table rocks is very well preserved, so you can walk around and somewhat get a feel for what the savanna was like when it was occupied by the Takelma (minus the buzzing power lines overhead).

Great easy hike with fabulous views of the valley from the top. Not too crowded and a well marked gravel trail. Def a nice sunset hike.

Fun hike when it isn’t hot as heck out! Kid friendly too.

Slow time because I took my son who doesn’t like hiking, haha. But it was a good hike, upper Table Rock is much better though!

Nice trail, steady low grade incline up and then flat plateau on top with lots of room to explore and views. I don’t know why dogs aren’t allowed here? It would be perfect for dogs.

Nice hike. Long flat section on the top to get to the view. Started to cool down around 5:00 pm.

This is a great trail. Well maintained and beautiful views! Bring lots of water. I went in the morning and still had trouble with the heat at the top. Felt like I had heat exhaustion. Luckily, there are benches along the way, so be sure to stop and rest a minute.

lots of shade going up. steep, but not that bad. long walk once on top to overlook the valley. be careful up there.

Nice 1.5 miles up to top. Then another mile of flat to get to the edge/views.

Beautiful hike but it seemed to be a little steeper than Upper Table rock but overall a good workout for sure. There’s a lot of wild flowers and great scenery highly recommended.

Great easy quick hike.

Views- wildlife- wildflowers- and a great workout. Definitely suggest this one.

Beautiful up here. Wildflowers are so pretty and they are everywhere. The Turkey Vultures are always entertaining too. Short hike. Took me 32 minutes to get to the top. Upper Table Rock takes 30 minutes to get to the top but there arent very many wildflowers

Absolutely beautiful hike. Went on Saturday late morning and saw very few other people.

One of my go to's. Very special land. Moderate incline most of the way up but nothing too hard.

I would recommend this trial. it is an adventure make sure to go left after the bridge if you want a more secluded view. really good photo ops. I am impressed.

1. stay on trail, tons of poison oak I consider myself a strong beginner. It's a great view, took an hour to make it up top but there were school children and stopped to catch my breath once or twice.

nice hike, but does have several elevation climb areas on the way up.

Went hiking with my friend and our three kids, ages 9,8,6. Everyone did good. Stay ON THE TRAIL or you will be covered with poison oak!

Easy to find trail. Has a few steep parts but nothing difficult. Well worth the views.

Highly recommend this gorgeous trail! She makes you work for it on some parts but there’s not a moment that isn’t worth taking in. Also, one of the best views I’ve seen of Mt McLoughlin yet, and the top of the rock is simply magnificent (April).

Such a rewarding hike. At the top of table rocks are flowers that don’t grow anywhere else in the world. And the view is unbelievable. Lower is actually a more difficult hike than upper

Great trail, little over a mile climb in elevation to the top. Great views on the top.

steeper than upper, but nothing unbearable. very muddy, boots were needed.