Lower Macleay Park to Pittock Mansion

Lower Macleay Park to Pittock Mansion is a 5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Follow this trail to Pittock Mansion for a panoramic view of Portland. You will have great views of Portland and will also have a great opportunity for bird watching. Take the time to explore the grounds. The building is overseen by the Bureau of Parks and Recreation and it is open for touring.

This was beautiful hike with luscious views and a little bit of rain. So different from the dry LA trails that I am used to. It was a steep enough climb for a bit of a challenge and the reward was Pittock Mansion and a gorgeous view of Portland. You also pass by a stone house which is a picturesque spot. I recommend this trail especially if you’re a trail runner!

I like this trail a lot with its stream and lush trees, but it tends to be very busy even on days with inclimate weather. I also have a dog that is scared of other dogs and on this trail people often walk their dogs unleashed. I find this super annoying bc I’ve had to ask people to call their dogs back to them. Just because your dog is “good” off leash doesn’t mean I want it walking up to me and my dog.

Beautiful trail! The view from the top is amazing!

Fantastic New bridges placed since my last visit a few years back.
I mean you really couldn't get an easier trail, wide, gravel, well compacted path, if you didn't have an incline..well at least there's that

Enjoyed this hike a lot, will definitely do it again!

Nice walk, dogs got their workout in.

Love this Hike/Run

On a weekday this was a great hike. Few people on the trail, easy to maneuver, good workout for me and my dogs. Beautiful views at the top.

Fun. Moderate in, easy out. Some small muddy patches here and there, but nothing terrible. Pittock Mansion is worth the short hike.

Loved this hike. Only downfall is listening to car traffic, other than that it was great. We took lunch to have at the top, made it very nice. Will do this again next time I am in town.

Beautiful variety of scenery on this trail. Pay attention to signage because there are a few trails that connect and could throw you off course. Overall, great hike and would do again!

We followed a meandering creek that just took us away...

I loved this trail today. A little muddy in spots but overall very well maintained. The elevation change is no joke and the view from the top is lovely. Trillium was in bloom everywhere which was an added bonus!

Great city trail in Portland’s acclaimed Forest Park. The lower trail follows a stream. The upper trail leads to a lovely view of the city and Mt. Hood beyond from the gardens of the elegant Pittock Mansion. Water bowl for doggies and the ticket office for the indoor tour of Pittock.

Pretty easy hike, great little stream. when you take the turn up to Pittock Mansion be prepared for the incline. I've hiked this trail two times now. The first time I wasn't in the best shape so it was a nice burn. The second time I was in better shape so it wasn't as bad, but I powered up it and was out of breath by the time I got to the top because I was hiking up pretty quickly.

I thought this was a great hike! So fun for the puppers and I. Beautiful scenery and very peaceful.

If you only have time for one hike in PDX, do Upper Mcleay to Pittock mansion and pack a lunch for when you get to the top.

Love this hike so much!

Great hike close to a beautiful area of Portland!

Good but busy, of course.

Beautiful lush grounds, truly an oasis in the city.

A bit crowded and repairs at the start of the trail but a good hike

Trail is closed.

This trail is closed from the Upshur TH to stone house. I wish someone had mentioned that in a comment.

Nothing to write yet! unfortunately the trail was closed last week. not sure when they will reopen it.

Nice little urban park trail. Great views, decent climbed, a bit heavily trafficked for my taste but worth doing!

closed, fenced off under the bridge at McCleay.

Great!