Lower Macleay Park to Pittock Mansion

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(1148)
Captain Clark Regional Park

Lower Macleay Park to Pittock Mansion is a 5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.0 miles Elevation Gain: 921 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Follow this trail to Pittock Mansion for a panoramic view of Portland. You will have great views of Portland and will also have a great opportunity for bird watching. Take the time to explore the grounds. The building is overseen by the Bureau of Parks and Recreation and it is open for touring.

Very muddy (to the point that it was difficult to walk with regular sneakers - so I definitely would recommend hiking boots when coming during even mildly rainy days) Stunning view of Portland from Pittock Mansion Heavily trafficked - with kids, dogs, runners, hikers, etc Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my hike! Just wished I had hiking boots to deal with the mud haha

fun hike with a beautiful view! muddy and a lot of incline hills but so worth it!

Even with Pittock mansion being closed this was still a good hike! Great views. My dog loved it! Went around May 20ths

Went there for mother’s day. Couldn’t had been better. Beautiful. 1.5 hours in the way up to Pittock Mansion, light snack and 1 hr down. One of my favorite hikes in Portland.

Loved this hike! I went with my dog and a friend and her 9 year old son. It’s nice and shaded (it was in the 80s today) and busy but not crowded. I would suggest children under 9 not starting at the bottom trail head as the 2.5 miles up to the Mansion are all incline! Such a beautiful view at the top! Also, please make sure your dogs are leashed. We had 2 unleashed dogs come up to us and some dogs are reactive when they are on a leash and an unleashed dog gets in their space!

Such a beautiful urban hike! We are so blessed in Portland to have so many natural areas in our backyard.

A nice little walk for families, pretty crowded but maybe that’s just because less people are at work right now

icy

icy

Great trail! Not too muddy or slick to hike it in Birkenstock’s. Very dog friendly and not too busy on a Monday afternoon. Definitely recommend

Pretty trail. super crowded. limited parking

Beautiful view! Very nice easy elevation gain.

Got off a plane and found this on AllTrails. Perfect trail not difficult and got up to Pittock Mansion and back in about 2 hrs it was totally worth it.

Ran up the trail 2 weeks ago. Great shape! Beautiful forest. Be sure to circle out to the mansion and get a view of Portland / Mt. Hood. It was dark when I topped out, so circled back down the hill on the city streets. Made for a very fun loop.

Well travelled on a Sunday afternoon after a rain. A bit busy for my liking. Muddy and slippery in places.