Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Limpy Botanical Interpretive Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(115)
Grants Pass, Oregon

Limpy Botanical Interpretive Loop Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Grants Pass, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 124 feet Route Type: Loop

Several loop trails. The most popular follows Limpy Creek, is almost level, has numerous benches, and passes several small waterfalls. Other loop trails go along and up the hillside.

bridge out

Nice family trail with a lot next to the swift flowing creek! Very beautiful!

I have gone twice in the last three weeks. So many wildflowers blooming. A pretty waterfall and several small ones throughout the creek. A simply nice trail for meandering. Just a pleasant place

Trail was nice easy and beautiful. Not to rocky. Waterfalls were breathtaking and peaceful!

Easy hike. Great to do alone or with a family. Pretty flowers. Nice views at the top. Beautiful water features and sounds at the bottom. Peaceful. Bathrooms present but didn’t use.

perfect for kids! we love limpy Creek!

No fee Bathroom at Trailhead (no tp) Decent parking Easy hike The serpentine nature area offers diverse plant life to explore as well as changes in environments and sites of Limpy Creek. The short hike twenty five minutes outside Grants Pass was a much needed excape from social distancing. Wild onions, mushrooms, and being creekside gave me needed distraction and a chance to relax in a very stressful time. I only saw a single couple pass by and though it is a scary time it's important to remember we are all in this together. Sharing in nature helps keep life moving forward.

bridge out

Nice, easy, kid friendly hike.

Great hike close to town! Perfect for kiddos. Beautiful creek and waterfall!

I loved this! I took my 3 year old niece and 5 year old daughter! they loved the bridges over the creek and the waterfalls. winter rainy weather makes the path alot more wet and puddles just wear thick shoes or waterproof!

Great place to hike with Kids. nice creek and waterfall to checkout.

fun walk, I think we ended up off the trail because the trail kept petering out. kept the creek sounds to my left, and I knew I'd find my way back.

Lots of bugs but very nice walk in the woods.

nice trail for families. Bridges over the stream. someone left painted rocks along the trail that kept the kids interested, like a big Easter egg hunt. we left them as we found them.

great trail

bring bug spray

Sat May 18 2019

Toke my dog here and had a wonderful time, what a beautiful place, just bring mosquito spray.

Tue May 07 2019

Great easy hike. Well marked

Mon Apr 01 2019

easy family hike

Sat Mar 09 2019

Fun for all ages. My 67 year old mother finished this with no problem whatsoever. I do recommend going in the rainy season.

Sun Jan 13 2019

Short but sweet.

Sat Nov 17 2018

An easy hike through a beautiful rain forest. The water flow is low, but the fall colors and the moist atmosphere give it a mystical look.

Mon Sep 03 2018

Went here this afternoon with my dog and am happy to say the trail is untouched by fire and still lovely. There is one small portion of the trail from which burned area is visible, but the trail itself is untouched. My dog (a dachshund with short legs) loves this trail, as there is just the right amount of scrambling for a dog with a muscular build and spirit, but also only four inch legs.

Sun Jun 24 2018

I very much enjoyed the beautiful hike. such beauty,the greenery, the falls.just beautiful! I did take a couple deer trails,the last bit as I was finishing the hike was a bit confusing,but managed just fine.I will go again,my sister went with me the second time I went and we will definitely go back. it's only a 15 min. drive from my home to Limpy.

Thu May 31 2018

great short loop trail with plenty of picturesque spots to stop and enjoy a waterfall or snap a photo of the forest. also dog friendly!

Thu May 31 2018

Nice little trail. On the way up came across a final gathering for a kid that hung himself in the woods nearby. Bummer...

Wed May 09 2018

Did this trail today around 5-6pm. Perfect time!! The lighting was beautiful. The whole trail from start to finish was gorgeous!! My dog loved it too, and drinking the fresh creek water! Awesome that this trail is about 5 minutes from my house!(: