Lemolo Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clearwater, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 285 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Lemolo falls can be viewed by two approaches, north and south. The south trail drops down into the North Umpqua Canyon for a view of Lemolo Falls as it cascades 150 feet to the canyon bottom. A spur trail accesses the bottom of the canyon below the falls. Take the "south" trail (#1468) to experience the rush of the North Umpqua River as it roars 150 feet to the canyon below. It is a steep climb back to the top. From Trail #1414 (the "north" trail) several cascades can be seen before reaching an impressive view of the falls from across the canyon.

Incredibly beautiful! Maintained trail, gorgeous river views the entire distance. The actual falls are breathtaking! Wowza!

Did this trail on 5/24/20. A few trees to climb over and under make this trail a little more challenging. Falls are gorgeous and flowing nicely right now. I would rate this as easy for fit hikers,and moderate for casual hikers due to the obstacles and up and down terrain. Worth doing overall.

Forest Road to the trail is nice we made it with our 2wd sprinter van after using a axe to clear some fallen trees in the road way. The trail is nice and easy to follow with a few downed trees early on that are easy to maneuver around. While closer to the bottom we had to go off trail for approximately 200 ft due to down trees. Honestly this trail is very underrated the view from the bottom is magical, one of the best waterfall hikes I have done. The hike up is on the harder end of easy but nothing terrible. Great Sunday hike with the family and our two pups. Update: after telling a friend about this magical hike she found an alternate trailhead named Lemolo falls north trailhead #1 my review is off of the south trailhead #2, which is off NF-3401 to NFD 800. If you type in Lemolo falls trailhead #2 on google maps it will take you to the correct spot. If not here are the exact coordinates (43.3450430, -122.2224490)

What a beautiful hike to an amazing waterfall. Worth the hike. I would say the trail isn’t easy bc fallen trees, mud, water, and elevations; but it wasn’t hard to navigate through. Gorgeous!!

5/2/20: It was a beautiful hike along the water, but the waterfall was impossible to see a clear shot of.

Fun hike! We were off Trail the entire time but still made it to the falls. Very fun. Expect snow, mud, puddles, trees down but nothing you can’t get around. Very fun.

Great trail. it's wet and muddy with Frost and icicles and beautiful views.

Challenging trail with a spectacular view of the falls. The only downfall was that the .2 mile road to the trailhead was impassable in a sedan. I would recommend an suv or truck unless you are ok parking on the road and walking to the trailhead

This was an awesome hike but I would not rate it as easy. There were some obstacles to climb over and some of the inclines were steep. I loved the raging water all the way to the waterfall. Most of the hike is shady.

We did the lower trail yesterday. Still very green and the falls are still quite large. Be sure to bring your bug repellent. The mosquitoes are huge and relentless. The trail is steep but in pretty good condition. Going down was pretty easy. Coming back up was tough as I'm old and out of shape but we made it and even found a few Huckleberries.

The Falls were massively running in early May - wow! The spray made it look like I was in fog. Hike was ok - beautiful as all the NUT but when you got to the river it was very sweet - lots of water from the winter snow melt.

June 13 - MASSIVE amounts of mosquitos. Tried to walk faster and swat them off, but by about 0.5 miles we realized we were outnumbered. I’d say there was probably about 20 following us at any given time. Selecting a 3 star because I’m sure it’s a wonderful hike otherwise and they won’t let me bypass the star rating lol. Also FYI -The last 0.2 miles to trailhead was too rutted for my low clearance car (Fiat 500)

Sun May 26 2019

May 25th the south trail is steep and rocky but the falls are beautiful. Trailhead is on a dirt road with deep rutts, a higher clearance vehicle is nice.

Sat Aug 04 2018

Fun hike up and down along the Umpqua River to the finale with Lemolo Falls. I also wish I could have had more time to hike to the bottom of the falls instead of the viewpoint on the side. Still and amazing experience.

Fri Jul 27 2018

March 2019-The trail was completely covered in snow, some areas 2 feet high. The road was plowed to the trailhead, but we had to park in a turnout since the side of the road was covered in snow. I would highly recommend snowshoes and be aware of cornices along the trail. July 2018-Beautiful walk in from the trailhead beginning from the south. We walked along a gorgeous, tree-shaded path along the river the whole way. Light traffic, only passed maybe 3 other parties both ways. The trail recorded ends at a top-down view of the falls (wish we had known it was also accessible from the base).

Tue Jul 24 2018

Did the trail that takes you to the side view from above and it’s pretty hard to see the falls, but still an amazing experience. The Umpqua River is gorgeous and powerful and you hike along it almost the whole time. Many little trails that go down to the water where you can sit and put your feet in! THE MOSQUITOES ARE TERRIBLE! So bring lots and lots of bug repellent. I have 40+ mosquito bites and they are terrible! But still worth it!!!

Fri Jul 06 2018

Glorious all the way in with a spectacular finish at the falls. Loved every step of the way!

Thu Jul 05 2018

mosquitos are really bad right now so bring lots of repellant. Beautiful waterfall!

Tue Jun 12 2018

5-20-18 did the hike that puts you at the Viewpoint above the falls. very lovely hike with a lot of beautiful Cascades that run along the river. The view of the actual Lemolo Falls isn't fantastic from the upper because it is too dangerous to get out to a point that is unobstructed. but still well worth the adventure and the view is decent just not totally unobstructive to see the entire Falls. did not run into another person the entire hike. would like to go back and do the other trail that would put us down at the bottom of the falls. I did not have any trouble with mosquitoes this time of year.

Tue May 29 2018

First read the instructions in the review by Francie Skinner from 2012. There are two different trails to get to these falls. If you use Google Maps, you'll be taken to the trailhead on the west side of the river. This is the more difficult trail but it was worth it. We had 7 kids with us ranging from 3 to 8 years old and all did just fine on the way down. Near the falls there was a lot of assistance needed as the mist makes everything slippery and muddy. The smaller kids then had a hard time on the way out because it was all uphill. This was a very empty trail. We only saw two other people who were coming down as we were leaving. Looking to the other side of the river where the other trail is supposed to end, it looks like you'd get a good view of the falls from above but not be able to get close to them. Anyway, I'm glad Google maps took me to this trailhead rather than the one shown on the map here at All Trails.

Tue May 08 2018

Did this hike on Saturday May 5, 2018 in the late afternoon/early evening. Not a soul to be seen; had the trail and the falls all to myself. Link to my video of the falls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUrA9kOYThw&t=1s

Fri May 04 2018

I wanted to do the "head on view" hike, some trail signs knocked over and missing. There was just a little snow left on the sides gravel road and the dirt road had some covering it still entirely - no big deal to drive in or walk in. There were quite a few branches on the one gravel road as well. If you're not in a high clearance vehicle I don't recommend trying to drive down the dirt road, snow or no snow. I took my car instead of my pickup and thought I'd see how far I could go and made it about 20ft before scraping, and it only gets worse from there. So I parked by the dirt road entrance and walked to the trailhead, it's not that much further. After you pass the "trail - >" sign around 1/4mi stay right at the fork and when it seems to split off, go left (there is a sign this direction,) It's a great leg workout so it'sworth the hike, the falls were absolutely gorgeous! The drive was a bit long though.