Leach Botanical Gardens

Leach Botanical Gardens is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Leach Botanical Garden is a nice walking trail that takes you through different habitats and offers plant definitions for naturalists and outdoor enthusiasts alike.

We spend an afternoon walking and enjoying the beautify of this place.

Not at all what I expected. It's a large garden around a historical home with many paths throughout. Also, the information on this site/app is incorrect. Dogs are not allowed in the garden unless they're service animals. Which I would love to have known before I drove myself and my excited pup there for a much needed decompression hike on election day. Super frustrating. I probably won't return. Definitely not a fan of all these so-called "hiking trails" around Portland where you can't even bring dogs.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

It's a nice little walk when everything is in bloom. I only go there when the flowers are out.

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Great place and nice volunteers.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

This trail was not at all what I had expected. Maybe it was the time of the year we had gone, but it seemed like a very short loop in a neighborhood type setting. Through the trees you can see houses which are filthy. There are several smaller trails that trickle off of it that have dead ends. Upon reading that this was a remarkable place to visit my spouse and I had taken an hour drive to get there. I wouldn't recommend this "trail" to anyone wanting to take in nature's beauty.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It closes it's gates at 4pm.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Nowhere close to a mile, but a pleasant stroll and a nice creek. The creek had recently flooded when I was there, and was still very high, which made it even more interesting.