Leach Botanical Gardens is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.5 miles Elevation Gain: 68 feet Route Type: Loop

Leach Botanical Garden is a nice walking trail that takes you through different habitats and offers plant definitions for naturalists and outdoor enthusiasts alike.

Cool little area. It’s still currently open during COVID, but about half of the garden is not accessible because of construction. Good for walking. Lots of neat plants/flowers/etc. to look at.

Leech is my favorite thing about SE 122nd and Foster -- a necessary natural respite for city kids (less a proper hike than a nature walk around an expansive garden with lots of fun features).

note, on Sunday's, the park opens at 1pm

Sun Mar 24 2019

This is beautiful little walk for beginners or just to enjoy some nature. They have little tags to show you what things are. the bridge is still up right now. the staff did say they will be lowering it here soon in upcoming weeks.

Sat Jan 12 2019

Super simple, beautiful history that the city kept it as the original owners had as a gorgeous garden. Exciting to see the original home as well. Wouldn't call this a hike as more of a nature walk. Great for beginners though.

Sun Jul 22 2018

closed due to bridge reconstruction

Tue May 29 2018

Leave it to me to turn a half mile path into a 2 mile walk. I tried walking down every single path, but it was difficult to remember which I had already been down. Ended up walking in circles a few times. Very pretty grounds. I loved the stonework and stuff from a former time. The lady attending the gift shop was very friendly and informative.

Wed Mar 28 2018

Perfect for a walk. No dogs allowed, which is great! Park closes @ 4pm. Trails are easy and more of a walk than a hike. My girls ran, walked, enjoyed flowers, birds, trees, bamboo, and the river. Good for families with kids We will be back.

Sat Jan 13 2018

This is a great botanical garden with historical significance in the SE Portland area. I’m surprised at the number of negative reviews based on visitors inaccurate expectations/AllTrails information, neither of which have anything to do with the Leach Botanical Gardens. Great staff, volunteers and setting. My favorite time to visit is spring. I wish they allowed them, but I understand why they don’t, seeing as many people do not bother to clean up after their dogs.

Thu Jul 20 2017

We spend an afternoon walking and enjoying the beautify of this place.

Sat Nov 12 2016

Not at all what I expected. It's a large garden around a historical home with many paths throughout. Also, the information on this site/app is incorrect. Dogs are not allowed in the garden unless they're service animals. Which I would love to have known before I drove myself and my excited pup there for a much needed decompression hike on election day. Super frustrating. I probably won't return. Definitely not a fan of all these so-called "hiking trails" around Portland where you can't even bring dogs.

Wed Oct 07 2015

It's a nice little walk when everything is in bloom. I only go there when the flowers are out.

Sat Sep 05 2015

Great place and nice volunteers.

Wed Apr 08 2015

This trail was not at all what I had expected. Maybe it was the time of the year we had gone, but it seemed like a very short loop in a neighborhood type setting. Through the trees you can see houses which are filthy. There are several smaller trails that trickle off of it that have dead ends. Upon reading that this was a remarkable place to visit my spouse and I had taken an hour drive to get there. I wouldn't recommend this "trail" to anyone wanting to take in nature's beauty.

Tue May 13 2014

It closes it's gates at 4pm.

Mon Aug 26 2013

Nowhere close to a mile, but a pleasant stroll and a nice creek. The creek had recently flooded when I was there, and was still very high, which made it even more interesting.

Sat Sep 01 2018