Latourell Falls Loop Trail

Latourell Falls Loop Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Corbett, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

This loop hike brings you to the base of the falls and then on a hike to the top of Latourell falls.

Absolutely stunning! And BC Mother Nature decided to give us a bit of a drizzle, not many ppl on the trail. Can be very slick and muddy at places, but with the right boots it’s just fine. (My Apple Watch logged me at just over 3 miles.. so not sure which is correct

Couldn’t ask for a better hike. Stunning views all along the trail, starting with the lower falls, rewarding you with the upper falls after a steep but manageable ascent, and ending with views of the gorge. It was foggy today but charming none the less. Best to go clockwise around the loop so you get the view of the gorge on the hike out. Parking seemed very limited. Appreciate the bathrooms at the trail head. Took us about an hour and a half. One of my favorite hikes I’ve taken. (We’re three adults in their 30s to 60s with a baby and toddler).

Came here as second choice to another nearby hike that was packed and pleased with this loop. Was more challenging than I thought it would be but beautiful and worth it!

Very good trail, would definitely do it again! Easy hike with young kids. Our 4 year olds walked the whole two miles and our 6 year olds said it wasn’t long enough. I suggest getting there early we showed up at about 10:30am and ran into a few big groups and a few individuals, however the parking lot was full when we got back and was filling on the side of the roads.

Fun and semi easy 2 mile hike. Beautiful waterfall, but to get to the bottom of this fall, you will have to go down the steps at the end of the hike. There’s a nice waterfall half way up, which will definitely add value to the hike.

The hike was beautiful. My girlfriend and I hiked this trail during the summer and enjoyed every bit of the views and nature. We personally enjoyed the upper falls better than the lower falls on the loop trail due to the fact that there were a lot less people and you could just get a lot closer. The trail itself had a couple look out points which made it that much more rewarding. Both are beautiful falls though.

If you don't like edges, don't do this waterfall hike!!

Took about an hour and a half. Took my time and enjoyed the beauty of the trail. The part of the trail on the other side of the main road is paved, but the trail that loops above the waterfall is dirt. I encountered several families that were enjoying themselves. There are definitely opportunities to get too close to an edge, but there seemed to be adequate precautions to prevent that from happening. I will definitely be doing this hike again.

Great hike, not a workout at all.

The directions in this app tell you that you are there before you are. Just keep going on the road and you will come to a parking lot. We took the loop starting on the left of the first waterfall. It's steep at first but not as steep as the other side. I was surprised that there were so many people there on Christmas day and can just imagine how busy it would be on a sunny day. we had to park outside the parking lot. nice waterfalls for a short trail.

Very easy and simple trail. The waterfall is amazing and the loop takes you down to the base. Went on Xmas so virtually nobody else on the trail. Not too muddy after the rain. Parking lot small, so I could see it being challenging on a regular day.

This was a very nice hike. Incline at first but not too bad. The upper Falls is really beautiful.
Short hike, not too hard

Great hike, beautiful falls. Well marked

Too many people to enjoy anything. Few had any trail etiquette or adequate shoes for the conditions. This made the hike unsafe, with folks blocking the trail or slipping and sliding into us. We couldn't get off the trail fast enough.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

An amazing all around hike! Small walk right up to the base of the falls, or a small moderate 2.0 mile loop if you’re interested in hiking the whole trail. On the trail you’ll see a second waterfall and some other beautiful sights! Hiked it on 11/7/2018, and the fall colors were really popping. Loved every bit of it!

Didn't do the entire trail because we were on a time schedule but the waterfall is gorgeous. Highly suggest.

Perfect hike, not hard just enough and getting to the waterfall was a great experience.

Not difficult, but if you want to get better pictures you’ll do a little navigating on slippery rocks. Even then, it’s not bad. Views are spectacular, of course.

So beautiful!

Great trail for all ages. The views are spectacular!

great short trail to the top and bottom of the falls. three kids and myself enjoyed this very much.

It was beautiful and refreshing standing on the back of the fall!!!

Upper section not too crowded (Friday 9/14/18 afternoon). Some road/traffic noise along lower section. Beautiful forested area. Decent elevation change with some switchbacks.

Hiked on 9/8. The upper falls loop wasn’t too crowded—but lower falls looked a lot busier. Gorgeous views all around due to a dry and sunny day. Couldn’t have asked for a better morning hike to start the day.

two waterfalls in one hike. nice!

had a great time walking this Trail, ended up doing the loop twice because of the incline and sheer magnitude of the view you get both at the top of the falls and lower Falls. Highly recommend

Highly reccomend stable shoes. Took my dog on this hike and had a blast but the trail is not flat. I didn't have too much trouble but when I wasn't paying attention to my feet I rolled my ankle over a few times. Definitely my bad for wearing running shoes. Not very difficult, but I would have to say going down on the last treck was the more difficult part for me with my dog. He's still learning trail etiquette.

Very green, beautiful falls even in March.

Great loop hike! But it wasn’t 2 miles. More like 4.4 which was great! Rocky terrain, shoes with good soles are recommended. From the lower park, take the left hand trail at the Y. It will take you to the lower falls within about a mile. Keep going and eventually you will reach the upper falls ~2 miles. Then loop back down on the other side of the stream. Moderate only because of the terrain. The elevation gain was about 1000 ft. Great on a beautiful day. You can walk behind both falls. Please be kind though, and pack in pack out. This is a very tourist-y spot.