Koosah and Sahalie Falls Trail

Koosah and Sahalie Falls Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This loop trail passes by two waterfalls on the McKenzie River. Sahalie Falls and Koosah Falls are located on the old "Clear Lake Cutoff" section of Highway 126. These falls mark the terminus of two thick flows of basaltic andesite lava that dammed Clear Lake and moved into the McKenzie River 3,000 years ago. The results are two breathtaking waterfalls with foaming white water cascades in between. The loop trail connects the two waterfalls and the McKenzie River National Recreation Trail, and offers up close views of the wild McKenzie River. Sahalie Falls viewpoint is fully accessible.

Absolutely stunning today with a lot of mist coming off both falls!

Beautiful waterfall & scenery.

Went down on the trail to right up to the waterfall. It was awesome!

Easy, beautiful trail. Spectacular falls.

nice clean trail. Very beautiful.

I went right after it snowed so I had to plow through the snow but the falls were absolutely stunning. So serene but so powerful. I really recommend it!

Beautiful waterfalls! Covered in snow right now so the hike is a little interesting but definitely worth it. Sahalie was my favorite

Shot some award winning photos here. Epic.

I went here with my three kids on our way to Bend 8/2016. It's was absolutely magical!!! We can't wait to go back!!

Just about the one of the few places you can still go see in McKenzie River during this time of year. The parking lot was completely drowned in snow, so I parked along the side of Highway 126. I didn't realize how close Sahalie Falls is to the parking lot.

Continue hiking downwards if you want to see Koosah Falls. Even with all of the snow, it only took me about 30-45 mins to reach it. Be extra cautious where it gets really steep if you're going in the winter. If you have no grip on your shoes, you could fall. The trail is absolutely gorgeous with all of the snow around.

I did this hike on a sunny day and the terrain was gorgeous. In the summer, I would imagine the trail is super easy - great for children and beginners.

Beautiful walk/hike along the river with SEVERAL waterfalls and rapids.

Beautiful hike I do it five, six times a year. I start at carmen reservoir then loop around. I have a pass but it is free to park there and less traffic. The trail is well maintained a good work out if you pace right but also just a good relaxing getaway for a day hike.