Koosah and Sahalie Falls Trail

Koosah and Sahalie Falls Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This loop trail passes by two waterfalls on the McKenzie River. Sahalie Falls and Koosah Falls are located on the old "Clear Lake Cutoff" section of Highway 126. These falls mark the terminus of two thick flows of basaltic andesite lava that dammed Clear Lake and moved into the McKenzie River 3,000 years ago. The results are two breathtaking waterfalls with foaming white water cascades in between. The loop trail connects the two waterfalls and the McKenzie River National Recreation Trail, and offers up close views of the wild McKenzie River. Sahalie Falls viewpoint is fully accessible.

With the dry winter Oregon is having I decided to venture over the pass to do this hike. It was well worth it, despite how short it is. The color of the water is magnificent this time of year and the lack of the crowds made it even better. There was even a light dusting of snow. I would not recommend attempting this hike in the winter without proper safety equipment in your car, the winter is not typical. The trail will always be fine, the roads may vary.

Definitely worth the hike. The hike is pretty easy and the waterfalls are incredible. Sahalie Falls is one of my all time favorites. The trail is heavily trafficked because of all the people passing by on the highway. Would definitely recommend it to anyone

I really enjoyed the car ride there but I wish the hike was longer. The waterfalls were worth it if your there for an easy hike.

Family-friendly hike. Very icy at the viewpoint for Sahalie Falls, otherwise slushy/snowy along the trail. Lots of visitors.

I went on this trail when there was still snow on the ground. It was gorgeous but a little difficult just because of the snow. It would be a super easy hike in the summer months.

Loved this hike! We decided to take it up a notch and hike down into the river and river walked down streams bit. The water is beautiful blue and fast and SUPER cold!!

I saw a picture that someone had posted on Instagram and knew I had to check this place out. I came out yo Oregon to visit family and my mom, boyfriend, and I stopped by on our way home from Portland. This definitely is a super easy hike but the views, to die for!

One of my favorite trails! Stunning falls, the air smells so sweet here, and we loved just sitting by quieter spots on the river. Really gorgeous the whole way!

Beautiful hike . Water is so Blue. The falls Amazing . Trails are good . Love this hike

Very easy trail. One of the most beautiful I've ever been on.

Super easy hike with wonderful views.

Beautiful waterfalls. Very easy trail. Very nice for an easy walk after a harder hike!

Super easy and very easy to figure out what is what and where to go. Just wish they had given a better marking once you reached the Reservoir to tell you that the trail for sure continues and loops back around. But other than that it was awesome. I am glad we had this app with the map to tell us to keep going.

Powerful falls in beautiful setting

Loved it, ended up doing two different trails. Easy trails, lots of dogs and families. The waterfalls are breathtaking. Hard not to capture amazing photos of this trail!

Butterfly migration all over those beautiful falls! Amazing!

Great hike. Beautiful views the whole way. Easy for kids.

Oh my gosh! We had the best time! Went for a hike with our two teenagers and it was the perfect blend of nature and adventure. We will definitely be back.

The Falls are gorgeous and the water is crystal blue. I fell in love with the views. It is a very short hike unless you hike up and around to the other side of the river. The Falls are only a five mile hike from Blue Pool so you can do two spots at once if you're up for a ten mile hike out and back!