Koosah and Sahalie Falls Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This loop trail passes by two waterfalls on the McKenzie River. Sahalie Falls and Koosah Falls are located on the old "Clear Lake Cutoff" section of Highway 126. These falls mark the terminus of two thick flows of basaltic andesite lava that dammed Clear Lake and moved into the McKenzie River 3,000 years ago. The results are two breathtaking waterfalls with foaming white water cascades in between. The loop trail connects the two waterfalls and the McKenzie River National Recreation Trail, and offers up close views of the wild McKenzie River. Sahalie Falls viewpoint is fully accessible.

Great place to hike! Restrooms available. Lots of water scenes, waterfalls, and forrest to explore. Flat and easy marked trails. Dog friendly as well.

Amazing views. Idk about that 2.2 miles though. The loop took us awhile and we move at a decent pace.

This is a beautiful hike and can be family/dog friendly. The water is SO blue and both waterfalls are absolutely stunning. Sahalie falls is very easy to access and it’s a short walk from the parking lot. The fall colors were in full effect when I did this hike & it’s beautiful. The hike itself is mostly flat.

one of my favorite trails. very easy, well maintained. the water is magical

Pretty hike. Several beautiful waterfalls. Shaded so good for a hot Summer day. We had a group ranging in age from 13 to 55. Hike was enjoyed by all.

Awesome trail along the river with fantastic views of rapids and waterfalls. One side of the loop is developed, most likely from CCC crews, with log fences and a couple of observation points. The less developed side of the loop is more picturesque. Fall colors were out in full force. A beautiful hike. It took us two hours because we took so many pictures.

A day hike that is not to be missed! The loop is more likely a 3-mile trek, but every step is worth it. The loop takes you around 3 very accessible and spectacular falls. You’ll get to see each from multiple angles and you can get surprisingly close to the edges, so caution is needed. For groups with little ones, less mobility or less time, stay on the near side and go south (go left downhill from the parking lot) and you will see all 3 falls in a half mile stretch. Well worth the short detour off of highway 20.

9/19/18
I didn’t stop here the first time I was in the area because I thought the popularity was due to the proximity to the road, not that the falls were actually that great. Well, I was wrong. Yes they’re close to the road but they’re also very picturesque and have a much greater volume than many other falls in the area (since they’re on a much larger river). It’s a short walk between the two, the water is clear and yet colorful, and the area is scenic...a definite must-do if you’re chasing waterfalls or passing through with a few minutes to spare.

Wonderland

One of my favorite hikes!

Such a beautiful hike with view of the river and waterfalls the whole way. My three young kids easily did it, ages 4-10 yrs old. One of my new favorite hikes.

What a great hike. We parked at Sahalie Falls and enjoyed the view from the main viewpoint, then headed downriver on the east side of the McKenzie. After stopping at Koosah Falls, we continued down river until we got to the reservoir. Go across the bridge turn upriver at the toilet and head north along the east side. This less travelled trail is a jewel and has just as good of views of both falls. Continue a half mile past Sahalie Falls to cross the river on a man bridge. Then you can head back to Salahie Falls where you began.

Beautiful hike with flowing cold mountain water. This is a great place to take a break and enjoy the surroundings. The hike was easy, there are other trails to go on to get close to the water.

3rd time I’ve been here. The 1hr 40min drive is very well worth it from where I live. The trail is in really good condition as is the parking lot & restrooms. 2.2 mile hike labeled as easy which is accurate. Today’s water was turquoise, and it was beautiful.

Fun and fairly flat trail for kids with a beautiful waterfall at each end!

A lovely trail that follows the falls and river. A nice, cool breeze along the way. The falls are just beautiful! No parking fee here. After this hike drive down a few more miles to Blue Pool for a more vigorous hike.

good family paths cool on a hot day

It is a very short walk to the waterfall. Highly recommend, as the waterfall is amazing!!!

So, did the loop with my friend. Super super pretty, you wont regret it, the views and colors are fantastic. I don't have kids, but if I did, I'd take them. I have a lifeproof case so I got some cool shots underwater and of some fish. I work in the mountains for a living and it was hardly a problem to hike it. My friend who doesn't get out as much didn't have much problem either. I'd recommend, but if you're going in the summer make sure to take lots of water and snacks and take your time!

Very clean trails, good outing for the kids, easy hike with benches to rest for those tired little legs and to eat a quick bite. Beautiful waterfalls.

Really nice hike—recommend starting on the downhill section and coming back along the McKenzie trail.

scenic driving

Great for kids and amazing scenery.

Great Hike! The Full loop is closer to 4 miles, the other side of the river is a little tougher than an easy walk but nothing crazy, will definitely go back!

It was a great hike for us and our 2 dogs. We didn't make the full loop. just walked up to the bridge above Sahalie falls and back to Koosah.

There are amazing views of the waterfalls

Shower easy hike, the trail is basically paved out for you. The falls are absolutely beautiful!

Easy hike, and very beautiful falls!

This hike was absolutely stunning! Though I don’t feel the description here is accurate.
1) Unless I had older kids that were experienced hikers, I would not take them on this trail. There are good portions of the trail that are narrow with steep drop offs.
2) Both my fitness tracker and my husbands told us we’d walked 3.8 miles (connected to gps)

Neither of these things were an issue for us, but as parents (who luckily didn’t have our kids with us) we commented several times on how we would not want to take our kids on the full loop for a few years.

Overall it is an amazingly beautiful hike! I hope to do it again some day!

Great waterfalls with an amazing hike through the forest. Didn’t want to blink.

Loved taking my 4 and 15 year old sons here today! We all had an amazing time! It was a great workout with breathtaking scenery! We will definitely come back here again!