Knob Falls Trail

Knob Falls Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Prospect, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pretty views, short hike. Was a little confused because maps took us to a Natural Bridge Hike, I never did see anything about Knob Falls. Maybe we took the wrong trail, still really enjoyed it though.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Beautiful near Knob Falls, and with sure footing and awareness, you can get right up next to them. That does require navigating down a steep hillside (and the "fun" part--climbing back up!). The mossy rocks there and the mist made it a lovely lunch spot for us. The rest of the trail is fairly level and scenic, no real elevation gain and plenty of shade. Nice views of the river; we caught sight of some deer taking a swim.

Monday, May 06, 2013

May 5, 2013 with a temperature of 75 degrees and slightly cloudy- I started at The Natural Bridge and hiked 3.5 miles along the Rogue River to Woodruff Bridge, then back again for a total of 7 miles. The trail was easy with just a little elevation gain. A few trees had fallen across the trail, but were easy to step over. Knob Falls is about half way between the 2 points. The water moves swiftly and if you get down near the bottom, the rocks were covered with moss. Most of the moss was dry so I was able to get quite close to the edge. I do not recommend that for children or if you arent sure of your footing. I didn't use any bug spray and did not end up with any mosquito bites. My friend sprayed her legs and still got 2 bites.