Kings Mountain Trail

Kings Mountain Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tillamook, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A steep and demanding trail that takes you up above Tillamook forest, providing spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and opening up to nearby Elk Mountain or other trails.

I would rate this as hard but I was not dying at the top. It is a steady incline though with some spots being more steep than others. There are lots of trails at this one spot. King Mnt is said to be 2.5 miles up but my phone app said it was longer. There is also Elk Mnt that is 3.8 miles (we did not go there). Nice views at the top

UP. Trekking poles help.

My wife and I did this trail and loved it. It is demanding but it’s well worth it! We did this hike a week ago and it was just starting to snow.

2-3 inches of snow at the top, just fyi.

Great hike! It’s all uphill, but the view is worth it.

As others mentioned this is a very steep out and back which is runnable but requires scrambling on occasion, not only because of some scattered rock features, but also the steep grade. The majority of the hike is deep in woods and you don't get the view to the end but the view was worth it.

Very challenging. Did it solo, probably should have brought friend in case my ankles snapped on the way down. Bring hiking poles!
Found an old man, nearby 75 near the top by himself (no hiking poles, friggin badass) asked me if I was looking for mushrooms. No lie, the only person I saw all day - so bizarre. He basically vanished soon after conversation never saw him again. 5 minutes into hike took my breath away - magical scenery. Getting to the top was difficult but worth it if you want to yell at the Gods at the top.

Definitely a difficult hike! Went on a Tuesday (11/3) afternoon and only ran into two people. It was a little rainy and cold, and there was snow at the top of the mountain so be prepared for this! The climb down was tricky because of all the slush due to the snow. Other than that, the tree cover kept the trail nice and clear -- there was only a tiny muddy patch.

Did this hike with my child on my back. This is a very challenging hike first for the elevation gain and second for the rocks and roots in the trail. We had a great workout. Be careful coming down. Can’t say much for the views because it was so overcast when we went.

Very steep and challenging. Started at the campgrounds which added an extra 6-7 miles to the out and back. Views made it well worth it. Definitely be careful descending - it can get really slippery!

Great hike. Take your time on the ascent. Views are worth it. Do the loop with elk if you're feeling good.

Very challenging and steep, but beautiful views up top in the morning with the clouds starting to break up.

no joke. steep, shaded, beautiful! Mt hood was visible from the summit.

Very challenging, uphill almost the entire hike, but was worth it for the views at the top!