Kings Mountain Trail

Kings Mountain Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tillamook, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A steep and demanding trail that takes you up above Tillamook forest, providing spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and opening up to nearby Elk Mountain or other trails.

Very challenging and steep, but beautiful views up top in the morning with the clouds starting to break up.

no joke. steep, shaded, beautiful! Mt hood was visible from the summit.

Very challenging, uphill almost the entire hike, but was worth it for the views at the top!

Great trail. We are mid level hikers and took us about 4 hours with a break for lunch at the top. Beautiful views although we could see smoke (but not smokey during hike). I would recommend good boots and a walking stick as it is quite steep and necessary especially going down! Highly recommend. Be prepared to sweat !

Great trail. Very steep most of the way. Shaded narrow dirt trail with lots of roots and rocks near the top. Some sections are looser and more gravel covered which cased me to loose my footing a few times but no harm done. Poles or a walking stick are super helpful. Going down is a slow process. Did it in 4 hours out and back and I am by no means an avid hiker. Bring lots of water!

Great hike. Easy to follow trail. It is a good workout. Take plenty of water!! The view at the top is Awesome. Beautiful :)

Go in the a.m for sure and bring plenty of water! It's quite the workout going up but it's a fun and exhilarating run down (if you choose). Views are fantastic, couldn't open the container to sign our name which was a bummer but overall great time.

*Side note: license plate was stolen during our hike while parked in lit which was extremely odd but nothing to do with the hike lol.

Magnificent views! Tough challenging hike and oooh so rewarding. Did it last weekend and this weekend. Beautiful flowers and forest as well as some loggers salad.

Amazing and tough incline on the way up, and steep on the way down.

Wasn't very impressed with the view, however I still appreciated the HARD Climb!

This is such an amazing hike! Don't let the first bit of the hike fool you, it's a brutal uphill hike. It's beautiful the whole way and the trails are very well maintained. Once you get up to the view point you might as well break out the Kleenex; it's something to cry over. On the way down its a bit tricky- the steepness of the mountain is quickly put into perspective. I slid on my butt down part of the trail because I just knew I was going to fall anyway. Find a walking stick on your way up or bring one!