Kentucky Falls Trail

Kentucky Falls Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mapleton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A moderate hike to three waterfalls and a fun swimming hole. The hike starts at the top of the hills and heads downhill, which means you must hike back uphill for the second half of the hike. As you hike down you will pass by Upper Kentucky Falls then down to the twin falls of Lower Kentucky Falls and North Fork Falls, where there is a nice wooden viewpoint. If you continue down the trail along the North Fork of the Smith River you can find a nice swimming hole.

Long drive but definitely worth it!

One of my new favorites!! Kind of a ways out there and you have to take several old logging roads, but it's absolutely worth it! Three beautiful waterfalls on this trail! At the end, you'll have to do some rock scrambling to get down to get a good view of North Fork Falls.

Absolutely stunning falls this past weekend thanks to all the rain recently. Overall, it's an easy hike with a couple of moderate switchbacks between the falls. Beware beaver holes and some slick spots.

Beautiful hike. I went with my hiking group. We spent the whole day there. Relaxing, sun bathing, watching butterfly's. Got some amazing pics. Theirs in my Instagram bb_anski. Cliff side some of the hike. Be carful when wet. The width was tight enough j didn't use my poles. You hike down then back up

Such a great hike! The first waterfall (upper falls) is about 1 mile in! Once you get to where the trail continues forward or goes down (forget the name of the 2nd trail) but keep going straight around the corner, there will be two more waterfalls (lower falls)! About 3.5 miles to the lower falls! So beautiful!

Great hike and the waterfalls are impressive, especially early in the year when the water is raging. The hike back uphill to your car is definitely a drag, though!

Great for families or a casual hike as it's quite short and moderate in terms of elevation. There's a waterfall along the way, through beautiful old-growth forest, to the two waiting at the end of the trail. If your GPS is like mine, it is liable to bring you there a number of ways. You'll go through some pretty rough and narrow dirt roads and potentially an old grass-covered road barely the width of a car. The coordinates provided by the site are accurate.

The trail is nice. Not particularly spectacular but you're able to get very close to the waterfalls. The last one, in particular, has some great spots to hang out for a while. The trail is very well maintained. There's really no chance of getting lost.

The website says "lightly trafficked" but I went on a non-holiday weekday morning and still ran into several groups of people.

Overall, I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for something casual or for waterfalls.

Beautiful!! Oregon at its finest. walk out is definitely harder.

Stunning views and huge waterfalls! Does it get any better?! Three different waterfalls and I was able to climb down to one (would've explored more of the other two if I had time.) and could've touched it if I wanted to! If you do that, the rocks are slippery! So be careful!! It's a good hike. Mostly downward as you're heading in and then the way out is pretty steep at some points. I hike often so it was horrible but it definitely had me winded at times. We went in July and the scenery was stunning!

It was fun! We did head out the wrong way (be hind the sign for the trail head and bathroom). So we ran into a bee hive so be careful they were not happy!! My kids got stung and a couple of our dogs luckily no one is allergic just made for a ruff start. After that we had a great time the kids did really well... The youngest is five so he needed to look for treasures, so we needed to keep him moving! We made it all the way definitely worth it❤️

Beautiful hike! First waterfall is

Quite a walk, worth every step and haven't seen one person on 3 hikes. There are two routes off 126 to the trailhead. I go past sweet creek for the best road conditions. It is still "kind of" remote, the roads do get over grown, but keep going, the hiking trails are clearer!

This was a beautiful hike with 3 different waterfalls. It was shaded well on a warm day. I loved all of the plants and trees. This trail is in the middle of nowhere and takes quite a while to get to. It is worth the drive.

Beautiful waterfall hike that's perfect for kids!

Great hike. Good distance and beautiful falls. The only trouble was getting there. Came off 126 from Eugene and it was a rough road to get up there, lots of potholes in the gravel roads. Using the coordinates off this site on google maps worked for directions.

Oh and there was SO MANY centipedes! Very interesting