Juniper Gulch Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jordan Valley, Oregon that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and nature trips and is best used from March until October.

rock climbing

Wonderful beautiful quiet hike among featured tuff pillars. Not busy, not empty - we were in awe of the climbing potential

Stunning! Amazing! Awesome! We completed Juniper Gulch on the last day of our 3 day Oregon Desert Trail Section 25 backpacking trip. Our group dropped in from the top (north) and hiked down the gulch to the trailhead. If you have it in you, I highly recommend hiking all the way to the top for an amazing view of the entire area. It's a steep climb out of the gulch, but absolutely worth it!

Juniper Gulch is truly a hidden gem. I can't even describe how beautiful the scenery is, so just look at the photos I've uploaded. There is parking at the trailhead and some shade throughout. The trail follows a dry creek bed up into the gulch, getting steeper as you gain elevation. The last quarter mile or so is difficult if you're not in great shape like me. This is worth the two hour drive from Boise, without a doubt.

Friday, July 28, 2017