John Dellenback Trail

John Dellenback Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lakeside, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Love this place and I go a few times a month.

We did not walk to the ocean due to time of day. However we walked the dunes and it was a great experience. The dunes are large and footing on the sand can be challenging at times but worth the effort

awsome views lots dune hikeing take your time soak it all in. will be hikeing it again soon

Great view! Good workout in sand.

We did this hike on Christmas day. It was lovely. Unfortunately the last part of the trail leading through the coastal forest to the beach was flooded and inaccessible. But for me it was the beautiful dune scenery that made this hike special.

Great hike so glad we decided to go all the way to the beach. 5 miles round trip and just follow the markers. We spotted some coyote prints in the sand neat! I would definitely do this again.

Couldn't take our dog on most of the trail because of the dunes. Part of trail goes through back of campgrounds.

I loved this trail! You get a little Forrest, sand dune hiking and the Ocean. The terrain is not for someone unsteady on their feet. The dunes are clearly marked with posts and it takes you right to the ocean. This trail offers great photo opportunities and a pretty decent workout.

we did not.get to hike the dunes because of our dog, so we cannot really say... the rest of the hike is pretty basic.

Amazing hike! The trail posts are well spaced out to keep track of the trail across the sand. Once you're out amongst the dunes, it's worth it. The last part of the hike to the beach is through a grove of trees, so you get a bit of everything. Keep in mind the majority of the trail is sand with varying degrees of firmness. It is not ideal for those accustomed to well groomed or paved paths.

I liked part of this trail, the difficulty after breaking an ankle is I can not walk on dunes and had to back track. also I think the trial is poorly marked. very confusing once you hit the campground. the first 1/4 mile is nice. I walk to the campground, around the campground loop, and back to my car with the dogs. that part is easy.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

great hike has a mix of every kind of beauty

Monday, May 02, 2016