Jenne Butte Loop is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gresham, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Even though this trail has some cons, increased public awareness of it is how it can improve. As it is now, not very many people know about it. The trails are neglected and mostly unmaintained. As the result, they get overgrown, especially with unpleasant plants like nettles. I got some serious sting from nettles from my visit here! The scenery is beautiful, and the park should have a fighting chance. Other than increasing frequency of use, I'm not sure what could improve the trails. Maybe there's no money in Portland's park budget to send anyone out to keep the plants trimmed. While I was there I wished I had a machete to clear the path a little better for the next person... but I had no such tool. Plus, I don't know what the rules are on doing such things. Another concern about Jenne Butte is that homeless people hang out near the bottom where the trail intersects the Springwater Corridor Trail. If that bothers you, then you can avoid going down the trail extension and just stay on the loop above. It also can get rather muddy near the bottom. I recommend parking at the north end of Equestrian Drive. The dirt road to the west seems to be a private drive of some sort. Google maps shows the road turning and going east, but this is not correct. There is an interruption, and you can't go beyond the last row of houses, so park in the neighborhood. The trail also has exit/entrances in a couple other spots. You can see those in my recorded track, since typically scout all those out.