Jeffery Pine Loop Trail

Jeffery Pine Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Selma, Oregon that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Go 4 miles south of Selma,Oregon and take a right on Eight Dollar Road. Continue 1 mile to parking area and trail head marker on the left.

Not the experience I was looking for... Out on the edge of this I came across a guy that was growing pot. As I got farther down the trail I heard several gunshots so I cut it short and got out of the area...

Great hike. Path a little confusing at times but worth it. Beautiful views of river and falls. Would wear hiking boots instead of sneakers next time.

I hiked this trail with my kids recently and in our opinion, it wasn't the most interesting trail in the area. We much prefer the Little Falls Loop and the Boardwalk Interpretive trail. If you want to see more of the boardwalk and the Jeffrey pine trails, here is a link to our YouTube video in which we document our hikes. :) https://youtu.be/lPJ7wtx5iG0

Great trail. Just a bit muddy in the winter months but very beautiful.

took my two year old. it was a fun hike but definitely not more than 2 miles.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I would recommend this hike in the Spring or early Summer. The water was pretty low when we went (August) and the falls were nearly non-existent. It was also hot and smokey from the forest fires, so that didn't really help with the experience. The trail is rocky and narrow at times, but still easily passable and not difficult. It's a pretty hike and I'll have another go later on. Maybe even in the winter.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Are Jeffery Pine Loop and Little Falls Trail combined in your mileage tabulation? I either lost Jeffery trail or they are combined. Confusing.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Rocky!! This was a great hike but I must say it was too rocky and the path too narrow or steep or overgrown at times. The trails could be more clearly marked too. (After reading the other posts, I need to make a correction...the trail to Little Falls is what I'm describing lol just wanted to be clear!)
It was a great challenge for me and my two dogs. Might do it again with a walking stick and a buddy!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Many places to stop by the river.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Awesome hike with plenty of river spots along the way. Easy to drive to trailhead which is a plus.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Great trail

Saturday, March 14, 2015

This little trail is way prettier than I thought it would be! I did half the loop and continued on to the Little Falls Trail. There are some good places to go and check out the river and swim if it is hot enough that day. The wild flowers were starting to bloom so I bet if you gave it a few weeks it would be an EVEN BETTER hike!

JPL TRHD: N42° 13.905' W123° 39.623'
River spot 1: N42° 13.853' W123° 39.746'
River spot 2: N42° 13.925' W123° 39.987'
River spot 3: N42° 14.325' W123° 40.644'
Little Falls: N42° 14.366' W123° 40.795'

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Had to give this small trail 5 stars in that after multiple surgeries on my knees and feet, I was able to hike and feel good here. The view is beautiful and a joy to hike. My son is also disabled and was able to walk this trail with ease.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

We hiked this trail today and went on to Little Falls as well. We went one way with a shuttle at the end. It was a perfect day as all the wildflowers were blooming and overcast just enough to keep from getting too hot. We were with a group sponsored by the Siskyou Field Institute and led by William L. Sullivan, author of many Oregon hiking books. The purpose of the hike was botanical and to observe the wildflowers blooming but the hike itself was quite nice. The Loop Trail is quite easy but I would rate the leg to Little Falls moderate as there was a good elevation loss and gain back up from the falls.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

This is a fairly easy trail that's been recently built. The trail starts from the parking area and descends down toward the river. Shortly after starting there's a trail to the right which is part of the loop but for now continue on the main trail as it slowly descends through grasslands and then forest and finally down to the river where it follows a parallel course to the river. You'll notice soon the trail sign that leads you back up on the loop or you can continue on the main trail until it meets an old dirt road. On the other side of this road is another trail which is the 1.4 mile connecting trail to the Little Falls Trail (described elsewhere).

Saturday, May 13, 2017