Indian Sands Trail

Indian Sands Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brookings, Oregon that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

beach

I tried to follow the red trail that is provided, and I got lost on the way back. I could have just done it wrong, but the trail isn't well marked. That being said, its an amazing trail. One of the more natural ones I've been on. It's pretty narrow, so I'd recommend wearing pants and closed toe shoes to protect your legs. I wore shorts and Chacos and was fine, but it could make it more enjoyable for those who like more protection. I also recommend venturing out on rocks. It's gorgeous and the rock is sturdy. Take side trails and really explore the area. It's GORGEOUS!

This hike made me want to go bake to previous 4 stars and demote them to 3s, it was that much better! It's a short loop but has lots of opportunity to veer off side paths and additional viewpoints as well as good spots to play in the sand with kids for a while. I would definitely come back to this trail and allow more time and bring lunch to hang a while.

F'n majestic!

Very unexpected find.....a beach that starts in the woods and yes, small shells in the forest. Just a few. Interesting little easy hike. I've done it several time but the last time was in August.

Great area worth the stop.

Good little hike with nice views.

Easy hike with beautiful views!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

This is a fun easy hike, Being that I live in the area I like to go here to catch the sunsets. Bring a headlamp though for the walk out as it gets dark quick.

Monday, March 11, 2013