Indian Point via Herman Creek, Nick Eaton and Gorton Creek Loop

Indian Point via Herman Creek, Nick Eaton and Gorton Creek Loop is a 7.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.3 miles Elevation Gain: 3,185 feet Route Type: Loop

A pretty descent uphill! A few nice viewpoints of the Gorge with Mt Hood peeking through!

41 minutes ago

Hiked January 20th. Third time up to the point but first time in knee deep snow. I knew to expect snow and decided against snow shoes which made for quiet the journey. It was a struggle at points especially up around 3000 ft and then taking the ridge trail (which didn’t exist). I had to make my own tracks in which was knee deep snow every step - talk about a workout. I made it to the point after scrambling down the hill from the trail in untouched snow. Enjoyed it for a while but i started to get cold and needed to craw my way back up the hill to the main trail. The steeper path with all the switchbacks was by far more snowy and difficult than the trail down which was nice. I love this hike and will likely use snow shoes next time. However it was very invigorating to make the entire trek in Nike running shoes.

fee
icy

Attempted it 1/19. At nearly 2,000 feet up we decided to turn back. Snow got up to 2-3 feet. Trail was still visible but highly slippery and difficult as the incline was steep and it was hard to avoid slipping with each step, both down and back. No hiker that day we passed by on the way up said they made it. If you attempt, bring snow gear!

Soggy day to attempt Indian point

Recommend hiking poles for comfort. challenging but rewarding hike! No animal sightings. Paid $5 cash at a self service box. Got there around 11am, last parking spot. I enjoyed the route counterclockwise. Road to trailhead is narrow but paved.

Went last weekend, and hit the snow zone! Pretty good workout! Awesome views and nice forest, very very pretty:)

Went again because I loved it so much the first time got caught in the snow but was beautiful and rewarding regardless.

Super super gorgeous hike. Last 2 miles killed! Most definitely worth it

Did this hike on thanksgiving! Was beautiful and a great hike for views and elevation gain and a good leg burn. We hit snow a few miles up but not much ice so was manageable. Didn’t use poles but was fine, mostly packed. Ran most of the way down which was fun and keeps you warm. We did the hike from Herman creek trailhead and went counterclockwise. Definitely recommend this hike! Can’t wait to do it again in the summer!

Started at Herman Creek trailhead and took the route counterclockwise. We ascended approximately 3000 ft in the first 3 miles; pretty grueling. The grade then evened out a bit and went down several hundred feet as we arrived at the point. I advise keeping a very low center of balance if you decide to hike out onto the point. Overall distance was just over 8 miles.

icy

Loved the hike. Not really overgrown like some people are saying. A couple trees down but nothing you cant go over/under with ease. Sweeping views of the Columbia River from Indian point. Loved this hike.

The plan was to go counter clockwise like people have previously said to do, but there is a sign posted at the junction, to use caution and be prepared as the trail is much overgrown. I don't trust my navigational skills so I started clockwise. This side was a decent hike. It was too windy to go out to Indian Point, so we made it that far and turned around. No real views of anything other than forest because of that.