Indian Point Loop Trail

Indian Point Loop Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

very bad experience on this trail. be very weary of aggressive bees late summer. my husband and I were hiking on the trail about 3/4 of the way through when we were attacked by ground bees. we were chased for over 2 miles and I was stung 4 times and my husband 11 times. hiked August 2016.

I'd say this trail is a moderate/high-moderate for the avid hiker. You are gaining elevation the entire hike to the trail leading to Indian point, but it's 2500 ft in 4ish miles. I followed Sullivan's guide: take Herman creek trail to Gorton creek trail. You don't get any views because you're in the woods the entire time, but the shade is nice. At the fork for ridge cutoff &Nick Eaton trail, continue straight for a few steps and there's a steep downhill unmarked trail to your left. Follow that to Indian Point. Best views are if you climb the rock- climb the face of the rock, once you get passed the face it's fine, and even that part is easy; just go slow. You will see Adams and Helen on a clear day. On the way back I took the ridge cutoff to Nick Eaton and you gain a bit more elevation, but that hike back offers a view of Hood and the Bonneville Dam. I went this past Sunday, got to the trail head at about 2. There was ample parking and passed only a few people. The shaded trail was appreciated on such a hot day, and no mosquitoes.

Was a total up hill trail, A blast!

Great view from the top. Kind of a slog otherwise. Be sure to check out the small wildflower areas toward the top of the peak.

This was a pretty cool hike. It is very steep but in my opinion it wasn't that difficult. Maybe I missed something but the only viewpoint i saw throughout the whole trail was the pinnacle. I didn't try to scramble through the rocks because it was windy as hell and my fear of heights kicked in really bad. I did the full loop in about 4 hours with a foot injury. It was definitely worth hiking but I probably won't do it again.

Great trail. There is some cleaned up blow downs but there are still plenty large ones laying across the trail. Definitely head up the Nick Eaton way first and come back Gorton, the quick elevation gain with a bunch of switchbacks was great. Trail is in great condition and was pretty fun. The Gorge winds blew through the area all the way up. Good view of the Gorge near the top of the ridge on the Nick Eaton trail.

The nick eaton part of the loop is cool, the rest of it is pretty straightforward. Good trail.

One of the best views you can find in Oregon rewards a series of tough inclines.

Very beautiful view! A little hard to find. Lots of fallen trees on the path! Wear gloves!