Humbug Mountain Trail

Humbug Mountain Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Port Orford, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Take a hike up the highest mountain on the Oregon Coast. This is a nice loop hike for some exercise on the wet Oregon Coast. You will hike through a mostly Douglas Fir forest on the way up the coasts highest mountain which can be seen from miles away north and south. Unfortunately the top is a little overgrown so you will not have a spectacular view but there is a bench to sit down on for a rest.

The trees, lower vegetation, running water, and steep inclines on either side of the trail are great on the way up. The summit is a bummer honestly, but just before it, you get some nice views through some openings in the trees.

Beautiful trail! Great views throughout the hike - the ocean and forest peek through the trees. There's not much to see at the summit, but it's still worth it. I would recommend going the west side at the fork for the best views.

Great moderate trail. The elevation gain made it a great workout, especially with my multi-day pack on. I took the west loop up around to the east side down. There were a few trees in the middle of the trail, but they're easy to navigate over. There was a bench on both sides, which made it nice to sit for a minute. Great scenery! Luscious landscape! I love the southern Oregon coast trails! Very rugged, lots to see!

Beautiful hike!

Good trail. Well maintained and a few pretty ocean views. There are a few spots with downed trees blocking the trail, so you have to do a bit of a muddy scramble. The view at the top wasn't much of a view, but it was nice to lay in the grass and rest a bit before the descent.

Great hike anytime of year . Lots of uphill lots of views ..awesome forests and cool little creeks ..suggest the east summit route ,get more uphill ,can then continue on to the west view and back dwn for a nice little loop ..go check it out !!

If you're not use to doing hills this isn't the hike for you. If you enjoy seeing beautiful panoramic views of the PNW this hike isn't for you. There are less than a handful of anything close to a view on this one. I have been driving by here for a few years now and the road around it is beautiful so it was in today's plans along with a couple more shorter hikes. It's a nice hike with a nice long hill for some exercise but overall for one of the highest mountains on the Oregon coastline I was disappointed. It definitely seems that the first mile is the steepest part. I've probably done 20 hikes from Prairie Creek Redwoods to Humbug that are far better. I have a couple of friends that want to do this one and if we do it'll be the last time for me.....#278

Enjoyable hike! Beautiful forest landscape and a few good glimpses of the ocean available. Steady climb to the summit; a good workout, but not too tough.

too hard for me. Goes at an incline up the hill/mountain 3 miles then 3 miles downhill back. I am not ready for this hike at my skill level at this time. A do over, one day

This was a great hike! Steady uphill and got the blood pumping. It was a rainy day, but still absolutely beautiful. I'm definitely going to do this trail again some day when the sun's out so I can actually see the ocean!

Nice hike...

Nice trail! Great uphill workout with Forrest beauty topped off with an ocean view! It was a bit misty the day I was here and the higher up I got put me into the fog. I enjoyed the workout and beauty this trail offered.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016

Good steep hike, but not too difficult. Beautiful! Amazing forest and ocean views! Was a clear day, would love to come back and hike it in a bit of fog.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I hiked this trail with my dog on Sunday. It was rainy and foggy...and absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend this to any moderate/experienced hiker. The trail is very narrow and pretty steep in places. My legs are still sore! I loved the workout and will definitely go back again when the weather is more clear. I could hear the ocean at various different points along the trail, but couldn't see anything because of the fog and rain clouds.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Friday, September 25, 2015

Great trail... Very steep... Wish there was a better view at the top.