Hogsback Mountain is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Klamath Falls, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Out and back trail but a few different paths can be taken to make a loop. The views are very good but the trail is steep with loose rocks and dirt making holding your footing difficult especially coming back down. You can also see wildflowers; birds such as bald eagles, blue birds, and meadowlarks; and mammals such as deer, yellow-bellied marmots, and ground squirrels.

the first part of the trail was the hardest, I went straight up the mountain from the church parking lot, when I came up there were patches of snow still on the ground and some deep snow at the top, I brought my 2 dogs with me and they did fine, it is a pretty fun trail I like going around the long way a little better, more to see on the way in my opinion

Lots of trails and ways to get up and down. Park at the church nearby. Pretty dusty right now but fairly easy to get up and down. Took us about an hour to go up the front side and down the right side which is less steep and a little more windy. Nice views of the city and the lake.

Great in-town hike year-round. Easy access to trailhead. I like all the route variations and possible loops. Fun for snow shoeing too.

Saturday, June 13, 2015