Hobart Bluff is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ashland, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 400 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Easy in and out hike. Great panoramic view of Ashland, pilot rock, and Mt. McCloughin.

Beautiful- caught the sunset and bathed in the glowing light as I came back from the top- must see

Good in the snow too! Hardly any mud - what was there was good grip. Majestic.

Amazing short trail mostly on the PCT. Long enough and with a mild grade to work up a small sweat going up the bluff. There were no other people on the trail when we hiked mid-day. The views at the top are remarkable. Lots of fun little scrambling on rocks to do up top as well. The drive up and down the mountain is lovely. Great for dogs and kids. Well maintained trail.

It was a little bit foggy when we got to the top we couldn't see anything but it's still such a nice short hike.

Perfect weather for this hike. I started around 10 am on September 7th from trailhead. There was no one else even on the trail until coming down. Views are amazing! I would consider this trail as easy because I was still able to do it and am recovering from hurt ankle. There is a few areas with loose gravel I had to walk carefully as to not slip. Most of the trail is is dirt so I would consider it a dog friendly trail.

The perfect trail for someone who wants to go hiking for a little bit and have an amazing view of the valley.

Short but sweet! Fantastic views at the top! Arrived at the trailhead around 9:00am and had the bluff to ourselves!

Rena’s knee was bothering her, so we cut the hike short.

The Hobart Bluff Trail is easy to moderate. The trail is well marked and easy-to-follow. the scenic views at the bluff are absolutely fantastic and well worth the hike.

I hiked this trail with my pups and it was beautiful. The .5 miles to get to the bluff has nice elevation. We saw lots of wildlife; specially Bambi and the most amazing butterflies. Definitely hiking again.

I went last week and it was just perfect. There were tons of butterflies, bees and flowers! Once you see the sign to go up to Hobart Bluff, the dirt is very loose, so be careful (I slipped right down!) and just before the viewpoint at the end is where it gets a little difficult, as it is very steep and rocky. It’s an overall easy hike!

Crowded but beautiful.

Great trail and views. Flowers were in abundance. Will do this one again.

Amazing views. Morning light would be best if you want to take pictures or evening with the sun setting. Late afternoon, early evening is not good lighting for pictures

Best hillside Balsomroot flower show around!

Had a beautiful hike today with almost no snow at all. Gorgeous views of all the mountains. Flowers ready to pop! Loved it!

Went up today, and had to turn around on the road leading up to the bluff due to snow. About 1.5 miles to the bluff is where the snow begins. It was pretty deep.. I attempted it but was concerned about getting stuck. You could park along the shoulder and walk the additional distance, but bring snowshoes or good hikers!

Easy trail with a slight incline at the end. It’s supposed to have a great view but it was foggy when I went. With the snow though it was nice. We had to use chains for the last part of the road but you could also park down a little lower and walk up.

one of my favorite southern oregon trails!

Fri Oct 26 2018

absolutely beautiful views

Fri Sep 21 2018

Easy hike to some spectacular views!

Tue Aug 21 2018

The views took my breath away! Freaking amazing!! Be careful when climbing the rocks near to the cliffs, you can get really good shots from there. It is a really easy trial, nothing really tough.

Thu Jul 12 2018

Did it twice this year in the month of July. I believe Soda mountain road (to get to the pct ) is closed. So don't waste a trip out there! Beautiful hike with lots of views

Tue Jun 12 2018

Easy to moderate trail in the spring and summertime. My pup loves it best.

Wed Jun 06 2018

Easy to moderate, well marked trail. Spectacular 360 views, perfect place for a picnic. No snow mid-May 2018. Great reward to effort ratio!

Sun May 27 2018

A few muddy spots in spring, but a great hike for kids (ages 5 & 9) and leashed dogs. Flowers, mountain views and butterflies this time of year.

Sat May 05 2018

Always stunning views!

Sat Mar 17 2018

Nice letter box surprise at the top!

Thu Feb 15 2018