Hobart Bluff

Hobart Bluff is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ashland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did it twice this year in the month of July. I believe Soda mountain road (to get to the pct ) is closed. So don't waste a trip out there! Beautiful hike with lots of views

Easy to moderate trail in the spring and summertime. My pup loves it best.

Easy to moderate, well marked trail. Spectacular 360 views, perfect place for a picnic. No snow mid-May 2018. Great reward to effort ratio!

A few muddy spots in spring, but a great hike for kids (ages 5 & 9) and leashed dogs. Flowers, mountain views and butterflies this time of year.

Always stunning views!

Nice letter box surprise at the top!

great view on top

The road leading up to the trail head is super snowy right now- my car (which isn't AWD) couldn't make it.

This is a great hike with an amazing view at the top!

The trail is fairly narrow but easy to navigate. Once you detour left to go to the actual bluff, the trail isn’t marked as well, but once you are at the top you can explore a good bit. We spent an hour at the top just hanging out.

It connects to the famous Pacific Crest Trail, so that’s an added bonus.

I have done this Trail several times, usually from Highway 66 via PCT but this is very peaceful hike. Awesome views from the top of the bluff!

great trail with great views! easy walk took about 25 minutes to get from the trailhead to the top. I recommend it!

This was a beautifully scenic short hike! Extremely blustery conditions which added to the overall. Only one incline in the last quarter mile. Amazing views at the top!

We did this hike on a beautiful January day. Gorgeous views, nice trail, and easy hike. Will plan on coming back in spring to see the wildflowers.

Short easy trail with a great view; the drive was a little long but if you're already in Ashland then I would say it's worth it.

This was a nice and easy hike. Me and my dog had a great time up there. It was a nice getting-back-into-hiking trail. The views were so great!

Not super well marked but low difficulty. good for dogs

Great family hike!
We did this with our four year old daughter and my mom, who is in her sixties. There was just enough elevation change to make the hike interesting, but not too much for anyone in our party. The vista views are fabulous!

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Great views. Pretty easy hike. Would be good for kids and dogs too. Narrow path along the hillside with great views nearly the whole time. At the top look out point you can see Mt Ashland, Mt Shasta, Mt McLaughlin. Pretty cool

Thursday, May 04, 2017

hiked up with my 3 yr old is was a challange but she knew to follow the trail awesome views...will do again definitely.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Pretty amazing views of Shasta, Pilot Rock, Mt. A, and Mt. McLoughlin. A few muddy spots but a nice trail.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Great view, easy hike.

Monday, February 20, 2017

great view of Emigrant lake! took my kids up there twice- letter box at top!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

fun to eat lunch atop Hobart - views are incredible. thin trail.

Friday, October 28, 2016

My new favorite hiking trail. Me and my friend brought our dogs and I brought my camera. Watched the sunset from the top and brought my camera along too! Got some great shots during golden hour. Beautiful view and not too hard!

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

great Hike.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Nice hike! Narrow trail but well maintained. I like how it connects to the PCT. Fun hike.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Hiking along the PCT and meeting other PCT hikers is the best part. Views are gorgeous.