Hide and Seek and East Road 14 Loop

Hide and Seek and East Road 14 Loop is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Brightwood, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Definitely for biking and only one way. There no info posted anywhere. The trailheads should all be marked bikes only. There are a dozen trails around here, all for bikes. I wouldn’t even run on them. There’s a paved road that’s mostly shaded for a nice uphill walk. Every path that goes off of it looks specifically for biking. They are not wide enough for two bikes so I’m pretty sure everyone is expected to go downhill on the dirt paths. I was there early and only saw two people on bikes come down the trail. When we got back on the paved road and went down hill we saw dozens of bikes coming up. Not sure where they came from since there were only two cars in the parking area when I got back. Zero stars for hiking, five for biking. I’m coming back another day with my bike. Great for kids.

Totally a mountain biking spot. Went up hide n seek then down the fire road. My other half came to mountain bike and LOVED it! I just had to really listen and look ahead to constantly be ready to jump to the side as bikers flew past.

*Hikers beware!* sadly we didn't make it up this trail. When we arrived, someone informed us that the trails were meant almost exclusively for mountain biking, and therefore down hill bikers would not be expecting to see hikers. Bummer to drive all the way out to learn that! Maybe coming during the week would be more doable.