Herman Creek Trail

Herman Creek Trail is a 21 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Herman Creek Trail is well kept, with nice waterfalls. Steep in places, but certainly manageable for most people, even some dogs. Good options for doing a loop with Indian Point, Nick Eaton Trail, Casey Creek .

I'm new to the hiking scene and bit off a little more than I could chew with this trail. Started too late in the day and did not make it to the peak because of that, but gorgeous scenery and if my calves were more prepared for the steepness of this trail, I would give it 5 stars. We didn't pass a lot of people and felt pretty secluded. I will definitely be back to go the full length next time.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Saturday, April 09, 2016

A little elevation gain at the start but was a pretty plain jane trail. Nice rushing creek and cool breeze, easy trail in my book. If you want some elevation gain and a workout do Indian Point Loop.

Monday, February 01, 2016

Monday, August 24, 2015

Great!

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Meh. This trail is kind of boring. The waterfall is underwhelming - you can see bigger waterfalls from the freeway. Herman Creek is beautiful though, with a nice bridge spanning the creek for good selfie opportunities. The pinnacles are cool, but it's hard to get a good picture of all of them (that's what my fiance and I do on our hikes). I did like the flat part of the trail that goes through a quiet forest, something I haven't experienced on other trails. Keep to the right at all forks, otherwise you will go up the Pacific Crest Trail, which is really steep. Watch your step as there are areas with loose rocks and steep dropoffs on the side of the trails.

Thursday, May 29, 2014