Henry Hagg Lake Trail From SW Scoggins Valley Road

Henry Hagg Lake Trail From SW Scoggins Valley Road is a 13.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Forest Grove, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Today I went 2.5 miles out and back from the starting point and really enjoyed the trail. It was really muddy at some points (which I was really looking forward to testing my new boots through). Looking forward to going further next time or completing the full loop.

Thought I would love it, but it’s chock-full of ups and downs, and not just the trails. You get kicked out onto a road at least a half-dozen times. The lake has many inlets which are lovely but also defy your expectations and progress. A number of sections of the trail needed repair, but plenty of signage. The scenery is beautiful and mutable. Not many other people, but the omnipresent road violates the stillness.
My rating might have been slightly higher if I had hiked rather than ran.
I might go back in the summer on a hot day, but would only do part of it.
Very muddy in January.

Part of the issue might have been that I went in the fall, but this trail was not very good for hiking... it was unmarked, parts were closed, and the trail was way more cut out for mountain biking. We ended up giving up on the tail after a while and walked the last few miles on the road just to get back.

Nice trail easy to follow. Can be very busy on weekends. I like to go week day mornings, I have the trail almost to myself. Sad to see all the trash that's felt behind on the shore line.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Easy route. Follows the lake. A lot of people. Keep your dogs on leashes!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

nice trail. not to much traffic

Sunday, October 23, 2016