Henline Mountain Trail

Henline Mountain Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Elkhorn, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Pearl Creek: Travel north on Little North Fork Road #2209 for approximately 1 mile beyond Henline Creek bridge to Y. Keep to the left on Road #2209 for about 1.5 miles. The trailhead is on the left in a rocky bank.

Heads up for hikers: Cougar sighting by a friend on 8/30/17!

Beautiful hike - such great scenery :) it was a little steep in some areas, and my Fitbit said 6.2 miles round trip, but it wasn't too bad!

So many bears

This was a nice hike, I was almost to the top when I saw a bear. Just be aware they are around! I did turn around, I didn't feel like getting mauled to death.

Fun hike.

It was pretty difficult but worth all the views of the mountains (and small waterfalls from the snow melting if it's early enough in the year) from the viewpoints! Did this hike last week with my boyfriend, we'd been here 2 times before- once around march and then again in April but the second time we turned around because of the snow. At the top there's an option to go left or right. This being our first time so close to the end and not knowing which way to the viewpoint, we went left and continued for about a mile and a half through bushes (he called it bush whacking) and under some partially fallen trees until we reached a dead-end. There was a viewpoint over a ledge on the left somewhere along the way which was really pretty too, but ultimately I think I would recommend going to the right if you're tired and satisfied with all of the beautiful sights already taken in. We agreed that we would have gone to the left after going right to see what was on the other side, but we would be just as happy going right next time we come.

Great hike, very steep but totally worth the panoramic views from the top!

We didn't get mountain views due to too much cloud cover today. There were areas covered in snow, but it was easy to get around it.
I loved this hike, great workout! I will go again on a clear day.

4 stars simply because when I went on 4/21 there was still a lot of snow making it so I couldn't get all the way to the top. Will go definitely go back so that I can finish. Great views along the way and a nice work out.

Great trail. It's well marked and easy to follow. i hiked it today (3/23/17) and almost made it to the top but snow made the trail disappear. It's a great workout with great views. I will go back. A "Wilderness Permit" is required between Memorial Dan and October 31 (I think).

Couldn't make it all the way but will be going back up when snow melts.