Henline Mountain Trail

Henline Mountain Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Detroit, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Pearl Creek: Travel north on Little North Fork Road #2209 for approximately 1 mile beyond Henline Creek bridge to Y. Keep to the left on Road #2209 for about 1.5 miles. The trailhead is on the left in a rocky bank.

Great trail. It's well marked and easy to follow. i hiked it today (3/23/17) and almost made it to the top but snow made the trail disappear. It's a great workout with great views. I will go back. A "Wilderness Permit" is required between Memorial Dan and October 31 (I think).

Couldn't make it all the way but will be going back up when snow melts.

Have gone 3 times so far. First time last late January but due to deep snow could only make it to the large rock lookout near the top. Second time in late April and made it to the very top where the trail ends. Attempted it yesterday on Christmas and could only make it just shy of the large rock lookout due to trail just disappears. Great challenging hike with lots of areas to take some photos.

This trail is definitely a workout! I decided not to go all the way to the top. It was a very cloudy day so the views didn't really exist. Regardless, this hike is in a beautiful area and I'm sure on a clear day the view is amazing!

great hike, steep up hill on the way up and all downhill on the way back. great views over the valley!!

Certain parts are steep but over all a nice hike, and a beautiful waterfall. I would go earlier in the day when there's less people my boys and I went in the middle of the week and still ran in to quite a few groups. Did this hike in May.

Great hike, can't wait to do it again.

Hiked this yesterday with the family. It was a good hike. We got to the lookout and it had great views. Me and my oldest son went on to hike to the actual summit. I'm glad we did that so I wouldn't have to wonder about the view at the summit. Basically, there is no view at the summit. A partial view from one side, but covered with trees. I recorded my entire track. The trail to the summit is in good shape. Very steep in sections, but manageable. I don't think I would hike this again, but for one time it was great.

Strenuous hike up to the top. Good views at the top and some nice rock outcroppings along the way.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

This is the best hike I've gone on to date. If you dare to go all the way to the summit, it makes the two vertical miles worth it. It's insanely difficult but extremely rewarding at the end of the day. The hike may have been easier if I would have gone in the summer because of snow and more dangerous conditions. But nonetheless it was a great hike and I would definitely do again.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sunday, August 16, 2015

I say this about so many of my hikes, but I think this is one of my favorites! This is also one of the more difficult one-day hikes I've done. You immediately start gaining elevation steeply at the trailhead on switchbacks and you don't stop until you get to the top. Walking ridge line at the top is my favorite part! There are a few good viewpoints along the ridge to the summit. Don't be fooled by the false summits along the way. The actual summit is some 1.2 miles along the ridge after the plateau. From the summit I could see Table Rock and the valley below to the west and to the east: Battleax, Jefferson, Jack, Washington, and the Sisters. Such a beautiful view! The trek up is tough on the lungs, but the trek down is tough on the knees!

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Yes yes yes! I loved this hike. Check out Henline Falls, and don't miss the old cave behind the waterfall.

I went on the waterfall trail and loved it so much I came back for the mountain trail, and I was blown away by how beautiful the scenery was during these winter months. I wouldn't recommend coming during the winter because the snow was deep and the climb to the top was almost unreachable, but it was so worth pushing though it. We did the hike Christmas 2014 since our family doesn't celebrate the holiday.

Bring waterproof shoes, a parka, and preferably waterproof pants as well. My brother and I very reasonably "day hiked" the mountain and had lunch at the top while we froze our asses off. It was terrific. Will come back someday.

Saturday, November 01, 2014

good workout! easy to follow. welcome to switch back lane, it gets right in to them