beach

This is an amazing hike with amazing views of the Pacific, Hart's Cove and Chitwood Falls. We heard seals barking for a majority of our hike which was also very cool.
A few notes: 1. The directions on this website do not take you to the correct trailhead. When the forest road splits, stay to the left and continue to the end of the road. 2. My Apple Watch clocked 5.9 miles from start to finish, and that didn't include how much we were walking around down at the base of the meadow. Additionally, my elevation gain was clocked in at 1,328ft. I'm not sure if this review includes the hike from the top of the meadow to the base where you can view the cove. 3. The trail is NOT available year-round as this page says, it is closed Jan 1 - Jul 15 (these dates sometimes change). 4. As many others have said, this hike is not as difficult as AllTrails has rated it to be. It's definitely an uphill, somewhat difficult climb out, but certainly not impossible. 5. We counted 6 switchbacks in the first/last section of the hike, not 9.

Overall a great hike and I highly recommend it!!