Hart's Cove Trail

Hart's Cove Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Neskowin, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

A beautiful hike on the coast where you descend to your destination for a change! This is a wonderful hike that takes you through a temperate rainforest environment past massive trees and eventually to beautiful coastal views. If you arrive at the right time of year you may see plenty of wildflowers as well. This hike is unique as you start of the hike descending and return climbing the same switchbacks on the way back.

Nice hike. Huge, huge trees! At a couple points you can hear a large group of sea lions. Grueling at some points, but worth it.

This was actually way better than I thought. I love to just hop in the Prius with my dog 'Unter"and randomly find hiking spots. So the gravel road to the trailhead isn't too bad in the dry months. Looks like a 4x4 is needed in the wet. There's two trailheads that I saw on the road (1861). One starts at the backend of the Nature Conservancy's trail to Cascade Head (NO DOGS PLEASE!!! SENSITIVE BIRDING HABITAT). A mile down the road is the TH to Harts Cove. This was a moderate/difficult hike for me and only 2.7 miles each way, however if you're not a conditioned hiker this would be a difficult hike (and slippery in the wet!!).
Beautiful old growth Hemlocks, Siska Spruse. I think I saw a old growth Noble Pine, but I'm not sure. Possibly saw a large nest of some bird in one of the larger trees. The sound of seals-howling multitudes wafting up from the the beaches blows through you on your way.

Unfortunately, I only made it to the viewpoint and ran out of time to go to the cove. I'm sure its amazing!! That's my next hike again after labor day!!

Lightly trafficked hike and amazing view. Will come back again.

Would rate as moderate, not hard, just a little steep on the way back. Most of the hike is through the forest and ends at the ocean. The views at the cove are fantastic!

Beautiful Hike lots of beautiful tress and plants. Loved the view at the end of Harts Cove. I think this is more of a moderate hike than difficult.