Hardesty Mountain Trail

Hardesty Mountain Trail is a 10.7 mile out and back trail located near Lowell, Oregon that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

If you go early, watch out for mosquitoes and a lot of spider webs. Bear droppings were on the trail so be prepared. Overall, it's a great trail for improving your endurance.

Nice trail. Coolest part of this hike was about 1/2 mile from the parking lot, I saw a black bear rubbing its back on a tree...we stared at each other for 15-20 seconds and it took a 180 and booked it.
No views, but still a very pleasant hike.

No views whatsoever. If I'm going on a 10 mile hike up a hill there better be a pleasant view at the top for all my labors, otherwise I'm not sure what the point is. If you're looking for a good training trail with some elevation gain this might be the trail for you, so long as you don't mind looking at a whole lot of nothing impressive the whole way up and back.

PS: bring bug spray! There were lots of mosquitos at the bottom and top of the trail. We were hiking in mid July so this might not be an issue during other times of the year.

Not a hike for views, but have done it twice because it's a little challenge and it out there without being too far away. It's a surprising amount of elevation. No top view but a few side views maybe it was just one. But a solid good maintained trail, Last time I hiked it was end of April and there was snow the last 750 feet or so but not much and still hikeable. The whole hardesty area including this hike is a great place for hikes and trail runs. You can also make a triangle 15 mile loop if you want to.

As far as trail running.... Going up was ok. Coming back down was the best. Mid March was pretty muddy for the first mile. Some snow on the top. some cool pictures.

We stopped there on our way back from O'Dell Lake Sunday. Hiked there for just a little bit to check place place out and we loved it. it was muddy, trees fallen but we didn't care

Absolutely amazing! Gorgeous view of scenery and no people were out there when I was! It was just a relaxing experience!

A really great place for training runs. I went in late November and there was mud, slippery leaves, dry trails, wet rocky patches, fallen trees, and snow. Some good climbing but nice flats too to recover. Some really technical areas and a patch of tight switchbacks. The trail is mostly covered by trees, so the ground isn't too wet even this time of year, but it does make it pretty dark. If you're going in the afternoon maybe bring a headlamp or flashlight. You get a pretty diverse running experience here! My puppy and I will be back for sure!

It was a really fun trail hard but alot of fun the trail was pretty well marked. lots of trees and not much of a view. Alot of up hill took me and my friend 7 and a half hours for up and down with a few breaks great work out.

Not much of a view at all, nice tough hike near town.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Great hike ...I thought my lungs would burst. ..But I Made It ...if they charge to hike then they should get better signage .