Hardesty Mountain Trail

Hardesty Mountain Trail is a 10.7 mile out and back trail located near Lowell, Oregon that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking.

old growth

As far as trail running.... Going up was ok. Coming back down was the best. Mid March was pretty muddy for the first mile. Some snow on the top. some cool pictures.

We stopped there on our way back from O'Dell Lake Sunday. Hiked there for just a little bit to check place place out and we loved it. it was muddy, trees fallen but we didn't care

Absolutely amazing! Gorgeous view of scenery and no people were out there when I was! It was just a relaxing experience!

A really great place for training runs. I went in late November and there was mud, slippery leaves, dry trails, wet rocky patches, fallen trees, and snow. Some good climbing but nice flats too to recover. Some really technical areas and a patch of tight switchbacks. The trail is mostly covered by trees, so the ground isn't too wet even this time of year, but it does make it pretty dark. If you're going in the afternoon maybe bring a headlamp or flashlight. You get a pretty diverse running experience here! My puppy and I will be back for sure!

It was a really fun trail hard but alot of fun the trail was pretty well marked. lots of trees and not much of a view. Alot of up hill took me and my friend 7 and a half hours for up and down with a few breaks great work out.

Not much of a view at all, nice tough hike near town.

Great hike ...I thought my lungs would burst. ..But I Made It ...if they charge to hike then they should get better signage .

Great! I didn't see another person the whole time. The only downside is faint traffic the whole way.

good hike.needs to be marked better though

It wasn't the best choice for my first time out this year. Somewhat out of shape to say the least and turned back two miles in. Was a beautiful and intense walk with my boxer Harley. He loved the mud and I didn't slip on the way down, which was very lucky. Next time doing Goodman. Great work out though!

This one was a real workout on this rainy January day. 55 degrees at the trailhead at 1 PM, 33 degrees on the summit at 3:15, with knee deep snow drifts for the last 3/4 mile and lots of mud for the first 3/4 mile. Had to break out the flashlights for the last half mile or so as the mud made for slow going. No big view anywhere along the trail, just plenty of those mossy conifers that you know and love.

... ...

m

nn
n
n...

Enjoyed the scenery of this trail, with the trees, flowering rhododendrons and other wild flowers. Would be nice to be able to see more views of the surrounding area, especially with the elevation you gain on this trail, but still a great trail. Be prepared for the climb! We went after a couple of heavy rain days and the trail in lower elevation was pretty muddy and slick.

I have the same observations as other hikers/reviewers. The trail (to the summit) offers very little in matter of "scenic views" (unless we are talking of forested area scenery... lots of that).

A great hike for a workout. Not very many views, but the beautiful forest scenery definitely makes up for that :)