Grizzly Peak Trail

Grizzly Peak Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ashland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Ashland head east on Hwy 66, about 1/4 mile east of Hwy 5, turn Left onto Dead Indian Memorial Road. Continue on Dead Indian Memorial Road for about 6.4 miles. Turn Left onto Shale City Road. From here the way to Grizzly Peak is marked. There are at least 2 forks in the road, just follow the signs.

A beautiful 3 hour hike with much to see! the summit is just under 6k ft with spectacular views, including mt. Shasta

The views are outstanding and the hike is fairly easy. Great for a day hike!

The views are amazing. I’ve been here a few times and every time is easier than the last time. Moderate is accurate. Usually it gets a little bit crowded and sometimes I think is overrated.

Great hike especially in the warmer months. The hike up the hill is mostly shaded by large trees. The view is great. I suggest taking the left side of the loop out and back, as the highest point is uneventful and not a view point.

Always lovely, November 6th, little bit of mud in the beginning otherwise clear and beautiful.

Awesome variety of vegetation and terrain.

Great moderate hike with lovely views. So nice to be able to take our energetic pup, he loved it!

Great long hike, easy assension to the top. Amazing views. Family and Dog friendly, easy parking too.

very lovely

Hike for good exercise and the views of the rock ledge at end of mountain are amazing! Once you get to the “peak” keep going because the views aren’t there they are past the peak on a trail that takes you to the over look. Great exercise for moderate hikers and spectacular views!

awsome views of the valley!

Perfect for an afternoon hike!

Good partial day hike, took about 2.5 hours to do the loop. Perfect to wear the dogs out and make sure I get a goodnight sleep as well. There were quite a few people but it was also Labor Day. The road there is mostly paved and gravel in some spots, any car could easily get out there tho. I think it would be perfect for kids as well, maybe plan a little more time tho.

Trail is easy to get to... no 4WD needed.. and well maintained.

Beautiful views! Can’t wait to go back

Beautiful hike with nice even trails and loads of butterflies and wildflowers. We hiked in thinking the weather was fine and then a lightning storm came through. Not the safest place to be for that, but the dark and wild sky with the clearing at the lookout was surreal. I will definitely hike this again next time I'm in town.

Trail was slightly overgrown, the amount bumblebees and flies was insane! Considering the whole valley is on fire to the west the smoke was minimal.

it was very nice hike

An extraordinarily beautiful and rewarding hike. Not too difficult, but medium length. Make sure you’re acclimated!
Tough drive in, need four wheel drive and a resilient stomach

Very nice and diverse trail. Loads of wildflowers, butterflies, birds, excellent views. Lush green forest opens up to some mountain meadows, then drier open hillside showing wildfire effects from several years ago. Saw a baby black bear on the way up to the trailhead. All around well worth it and good for kids.

Did this my kids, my two year old walked most the way! View is fantastic! Recommend starting in the early morning. Took us a little over 3 hours.

Diverse terrain. It starts in the forest and opens up. Lots of wildflowers late into the season. No grizzlies, but I did see a black bear a couple of years ago!

Fantastic hike with beautiful views. Easy to find. Summit trail is marked but then unmarked. We never knew if we actually reached the summit. Hiked this with two city-fide ten year olds. My only disappointment was the lack of real grizzlies to eat these boys and give me a moment of rural peace.

We get just under 5.5 miles for the loop based on our GPS record. Always a lovely hike and the trail is in superb condition.

Hiked with Daniela the morning of 5/25. Beautiful! Would rate it easy/moderate, only a couple times that went a little up hill otherwise it was easy and beautiful. Love that part of it was a loop trail. We could see Mt. Shasta and Mt. Adams from the top. When we first arrived we only saw 4 people, by the time we got down the parking lot was completely full!

This is a beautiful and fun trail to hike. Dog friendly! Just a really busy trail. Hard to find parking at times

Absolutely gorgeous views! Most of the trail was perfect for running.

Pretty but busy.

Love hike with amazing views of the valley definitely a repeat hike!

excellent hike from april to september or so. just did this one w my boyfriend, took us three hours with a few stops and a long lounge at the summit. super fun, and very popular.