Grizzly Peak Trail

Grizzly Peak Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ashland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Ashland head east on Hwy 66, about 1/4 mile east of Hwy 5, turn Left onto Dead Indian Memorial Road. Continue on Dead Indian Memorial Road for about 6.4 miles. Turn Left onto Shale City Road. From here the way to Grizzly Peak is marked. There are at least 2 forks in the road, just follow the signs.

Beautiful trail even in the driest time of the year. Spectacular views from the top.

my first attempt resulted in an encounter with two black bears :)

Gorgeous trail with just enough elevation climb to make me feel like I had a workout. Some rocky and loose rock areas on the trail, so hiking shoes best + bring water. September a great month for this trail- neither hot or cold. The views at the summit are gorgeous, even in the fire zone area (it's own special beauty). Weekend was traversed by others, but I was mostly hiking quietly alone- respectful groups.

Great views, fun loop trail! Great fairy houses!

Very nice trail, well marked. Beautiful views even through the fog!

The views were still hazy/smokey, but the trail wasn't. Drive slow heading up, lots of deep potholes.

Really fun Hike. Completed with my seven-year-old, 11-year-old, wife, and two dogs. Lots of fun. No water sources on trail. Gorgeous views. Lots of old fire damage. Great opportunity to discuss the importance of fire safety. We were slow and took our time. Very easy physically. I hope you choose to go!

It was beautiful up here. The flowers are in bloom, and the temperature drops and the views clear. The roads are well marked to get here, just be careful of the giant sink hole potholes. When I came up here there was NO indication there was anything wrong, but when we started on the trail there was just a piece of STOP DANGEROUS tape across the trail blocking it and several forestry trucks parked at the entrance. Would have been nice for a trail closed sign somewhere? I will come back up to do this hike again.