Grizzly Peak Trail

Grizzly Peak Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ashland, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Ashland head east on Hwy 66, about 1/4 mile east of Hwy 5, turn Left onto Dead Indian Memorial Road. Continue on Dead Indian Memorial Road for about 6.4 miles. Turn Left onto Shale City Road. From here the way to Grizzly Peak is marked. There are at least 2 forks in the road, just follow the signs.

Hiked June 20th beautiful, found wedding band, if you lost it call 562-335-7319, and tell me the inscription, and I will get it to you.

This was a great hike! It was my first time, so I took it at a casual pace. The first 30-40 minutes is the most difficult, since it's mostly uphill. Once I got to the marker at the beginning of the loop, I chose to head right and go to the summit. Next time, I'll head left. Why? If you head right, you'll hike through acres of burned trees (so sad) and there's not a lot of shade. FUN FACT: The bugs are super-sized! No mosquitoes though, which I was worried about. If you're new to the area, drive all the way to the end of the road. There will be NO MORE road, just an area to park. If you don't see a semi-large area to park, you haven't gone far enough. You'll find the trailhead right next to a unisex restroom. Happy trails!

Beautiful hike! Took longer than I expected but the views were worth it!

Gorgeous wildflowers...fields of purple, then pink, then white, then yellow and orange.

beautiful trail..

A nice moderate hike with excellent views and an array of different flora and fauna. A great hike to take with your dog.

Amazing trail. Do the loop.

good hike. great view. went early in the morning.

I've done this hike about a half dozen times or so, most recently on Memorial Day, 5-29-17. This is a great time of year to go with wildflowers blooming. On a clear day, you'll see Mount Shasta from the summit.

Really enjoyed this hike. We hiked it easily with a baby on our back on May 26th. We went up and took the Summit route first and got a but confused because it's a little anticlimactic. Definitely recommend continuing with the loop route because that's where the real views and beauty is! Definitely recommend this hike.

Easy peesy, lemon squeezey.

Incredible hike! 360 degree views of the Rogue Valley. As new Oregonians, this was a perfect hike to see the area.

Most beautiful hike I've ever been on.