Gresham Butte Saddle Trail

Gresham Butte Saddle Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gresham, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a nice in town hike.

Easy and nice for in town hikes. Great trails and peaceful forests

This is my neighborhood trail as I live nearby. We do this trail often, as an out and back and also as a workout hike up to the water tower and down around Gabbert Loop. The loop from our house and back is a good hour and a half.

I often jog this trail to keep my heart rate up. Most if it is pretty easy, except the section up to the water tower from what I call the cross roads. You can get a good work out on that climb. Most of the trail is well groomed and wide. The loop is more if a "single track," that is, a bit narrower.

The trail is quite pretty and diverse in its flora. The forest changes through out the year with the changing season, keeping the hike interesting year round. It's especially beautiful after a snowfall.

I am fortunate to have this trail literally in my back yard.

Nice easy walk with the kiddos. Found a fancy rock. Made our little ones day.

Mom and I hiked every trail here. Earlier the same day I hiked Gabbert Butte to the south. The two trails connect at the water tower. A small loop is possible at the top. A trail splits off to tour the abandoned bus. The unmarked trails are a bit overgrown. It would be great if a wider loop hike could be made. As it is now there are essentially four out-and-backs from a central point where there is signage. For a longer hike, continue south around Gabbert Loop.

I pretty much had the trail to myself on a Saturday. Rust was nice. However not the most scenic of trails.

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Awesome

Saturday, February 25, 2017

We walked up Walter's road and hiked to the old abandoned bus. As a sick joke someone wrapped up some old boots, plastic jugs and bubble wrap in a sheet to look like a dead body and placed it inside the bus. Good workout walking up Walters Rd and even better up the hill to the water tower and bus.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Lindsay -- you were on the wrong trail . Quite scenic, can make the heart beat faster going up to the water tower and bus.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

it was a great trail very nice scenery it has alot more trails that connect so you can make as easy or as hard as you like. I will be back to follow the other trails.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Good hike to walk of that McDonald's

Sunday, September 11, 2016

uploaded a photo of one of the creeps from the trail. he was loading this shopping cart up into his truck in the parking area for some reason

Sunday, September 11, 2016

walked down this trail again today. bags full of dog crap littering the trail. more scraggly vagrants. I'm pretty sure some skinhead guy stole my sweatshirt that i dropped

Friday, September 09, 2016

Was a nice hike until my daughter was accosted by a scruffy looking individual after running ahead of me. I would recommend anyone who walks this trail bring a big can of mace. Scary

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

this trail is a one star. creepy homeless people crawling out of the bushes and living in the woods. garbage all over the trail. groups of high school kids use it as a shortcut home and it shows

Saturday, September 03, 2016

walked from park side apartment homes this morning entered the trail off 19th Street walked to the top then took pics of the abandoned truck then all the way through to the other side then home

Friday, June 24, 2016

our hike was very steep we never saw the bus I will try again without alltrails gps it put us at a neighborhood trailhead we went uphill 2 miles then 2 miles back to car it was beautiful but the info on my alltrail app was so disapointing...and wrong still great workout

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Great work out!

Sunday, April 03, 2016

This trail is a great gem within the city. It has nice inclines and hills which make it great to get your blood going. I only went in for a mile (2 miles round trip) an was able to log almost 40 flights of stairs! This is very accessible for families. Great trail.

recorded Gresham Butte Saddle Trail