Glade Trail

Glade Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Government Camp, Oregon and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from November until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

Great trail for our dogs! Easy walk.

Well graded trail. It’s nice and wide, good for groups/dogs. My GPS put us at almost 8mi round trip. It would be miserable without micro spikes/snowshoes. Near the top you have to frogger through the skiers and boarders. It’s compact so spikes are best at the top. I’d recommend getting a late start and heading down at 4 after the runs close. That way your return trip is peaceful and without the mountain traffic.

A calories burying way to go to dinner at Timberline Lodge from Government Camp. About 3.1 miles one way. Ride back in car suggested after dark. I have to disagree with the comment by Sara on July 2016. I would not call it very very steep. I would call it a moderate continuing grade. Give it about an hour and a half, one way if you're over 70.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

This trail is very very steep and rocky and will give you one heck of a workout. If you're willing to smell worse than you've ever smelled before, you'll be rewarded with unbelievable views from Mt. Hood, impressive bragging rights and you'll feel like you're on top of the world, even if you smell like you've been six feet under. I recommend boots with ankle support to help keep you from rolling your ankle on loose rocks. Speaking from experience here...my ankle wasn't the same for several weeks.

recorded Glade Ski Trail